• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    I got in the mail a new WW catalog today and it had a new rifle in it, a .450 Bushmaster Ar style rifle called " Thumper " . My heart ( and other body parts ) get sort of excited when a weapon is called Thumper. It's model #R16SFsl-450, weights 7.2 pounds w/o magazine, 35.62 inches long, comes with a 5-round magazine, 1-24 twist barrel, a Luth-AR buttstock, free float forend and no sights. The rifle isn't on their site yet or I would have a link. The bullet weight is 250gr at 2200 Ft per sec and Muzzle Energy: 2686 ft. lbs.I would not like to get in the way of this round at all. The round is sort of pricey but it fills a need to drop something big and nasty like a wild pig. Oh MSRP $1413.00

Jump62
    aka Paul

Last edited:

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I've harvested 4 deer with my 450 since the 2013 season. It does the job. I use the Hornady FTX Custom 250 grainers.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    The .450 BM is not a new round. It has been available for many years and was Indiana deer legal several years ago. Windham is just now actually building it. Bushmaster, Franklin Armory and several others have offered it for quite a while as both uppers only and complete rifles. Since Windham was basically formed by the old Bushmaster employees that quite when they were bought out, it is not surprising. The round is offered in at least one factory bolt gun (Ruger Ranch rifle) as well.

Dirty Steve

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Jeff Cooper approves this news.

cooper3.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The .450 BM is not a new round. It has been available for many years and was Indiana deer legal several years ago. Windham is just now actually building it. Bushmaster, Franklin Armory and several others have offered it for quite a while as both uppers only and complete rifles. Since Windham was basically formed by the old Bushmaster employees that quite when they were bought out, it is not surprising. The round is offered in at least one factory bolt gun (Ruger Ranch rifle) as well.

Dirty Steve

I remember when this was developed, when I worked at a gun store in MI Tim LeGendre from LeMag Firearms lived nearby and used to come in a lot. It was originally called the .45 Professional but when he licensed it out Bushmaster made some dimensional changes to make the .450 BM.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I have killed two deer in the last two years with my dad's 450 BM,and based on my small sample size of two, it should be called the 450 Hammer of Thor. Simply devastating on the two deer I have shot with it.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I haven't hunted with one, but one of my hunting buddies bought one a couple of years ago and has killed at least one, maybe two deer with it. He's offered to let me use it, I'm thinking I'll take him up on his offer this fall, or maybe just get one of my own. :)

armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    built one a few years ago and taken a few deer with it, love the .450! makes a fun and fairly compact hunting package with a 16" barrel at style rifle

Top Bottom