• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AK471025

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    I recently purchased a 20 inch Wilson Combat super sniper bull barrel for my next ar build. This barrel used a wider than normal .875" gas block which is something ive never encountered on my other builds. My question is whether or not i will have trouble installing a rail over this wider gas block? I plan on using a troy low profile .875 gas block with hopefully a bcm kmr rail. For this of you who have built a bull barrel ar before, did you encounter any problems with the gas block not fitting under the rail? When rai/gas block setups did you use? Im trying to not purchase an expensive rail only to find out that it wont fit.

Here are links to the barrel and gas block I planned on using...

WILSON COMBAT AR-15/M16 .223 WYLDE SUPER SNIPER 20" MATCH GRADE BARREL | Brownells

Troy Industries Low Profile Gas Block - .875 - Set Screw Style SGAS-875-00BT-00

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    You'll be fine. I've yet to see a barrel that had an OD larger than where the barrel sits in the upper receiver. It might be a snug fit and require steady hands for it not to bang around while installing the forearm, you'll be fine.

If using a thicker/beefier gas block I might be concerned but the Troy is pretty low profile

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    You'll be fine. I've yet to see a barrel that had an OD larger than where the barrel sits in the upper receiver. It might be a snug fit and require steady hands for it not to bang around while installing the forearm, you'll be fine.

If using a thicker/beefier gas block I might be concerned but the Troy is pretty low profile

I agree. Just take your time and you should be alright.

Top Bottom