• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kmaroman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    North Vernon
    So I had intended to put together a lightweight ar15 but I just had this lr308 fall into my lap and I've decided to make this my project. I've installed an ace shorty stock and love it but I'm hitting a roadblock in the barrel choices and handgaurd department. I had intended to do a 16in barrel but now I'm set on a 14.5in pinned/welded with a flashhider. Trouble is I'm trying to stay on the cheaper end of this budget and there are several 16in barrels on the cash friendly side but I'm having no luck finding the 14.5 I want. If anyone can point me in a good direction on a barrel for under $300 that'd be pretty awesome. i don't need advice on why 14.5 is a bad choice or my fps loss I have several other guns dedicated to precision. While expect my gun when finished to be accurate my main goal is lightweight high manueverability easy to point rifle open to all suggestions. Thanks guys

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Take a look at Ballistic Advantage for the barrel and a Midwest Industries Lightweight rail in either keymod or M-lok which ever you like. That would be were Id look to, only downside is those 14.5" LR308 barrels are hard to find it seems, I looked into it for my LR308 but no one ever had them in stock. The only downside to the factory LR308 is most defiantly the weight, Their a chunk! Good luck on your project...

Top Bottom