Taurus T4SA AR-15 Platform Rifle: Designed and Built in the USA (VIDEO)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Not sure what makes it so special looking at the specs. Could build it myself under $500. Wonder what msrp will be. Spec sheet doesn't mention trigger at all and watching video im kinda curious why or what makes it run cooler and cleaner. Think I'll pass and keep building my own

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    Not sure what makes it so special looking at the specs. Could build it myself under $500. Wonder what msrp will be. Spec sheet doesn't mention trigger at all and watching video im kinda curious why or what makes it run cooler and cleaner. Think I'll pass and keep building my own

I have often thought about getting the parts and building my own... but I have no clue at all about how to go about it. Since I am here in Crown Point would it be possible that I could prevail upon your expertise to walk me thru the process? If you are willing then perhaps we can get together for a cup of coffee to discuss it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I could probably meet up with you and do that. I am by far no expert but have built several. A few from the ground up and pretty much all my lowers i assemble. Sometimes i find a complete upper for a great deal i cant pass up then just change handguards and/or flashiders as my budget allows. Pm me and we'll see if can set up a meet. Will be going to the gunshow Saturday in CP if you want to meet up there.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It baffles me that gun companies are introducing more branded ARs.

I mean, the reality has to be that whoever is making the lowers and/or other main parts must be making them at an absurdly low price point to offer them super-cheaply to brand them for whoever.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    oh yeah, another entry level ar15....just what the market is demanding....oh s**t, I forgot to type this in purple

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    3 or 4 years ago I would likely have jumped on this.
    Knowing Taurus, the price point will be attractive, but the last thing I need is another entry-level AR.

I do think it is interesting that Taurus is starting to manufacture in the U.S.
    Maybe they could try to re-introduce the Raging Judge Magnum I saw a few years back in St. Louis at the NRA annual meeting.
    It was never released here. Guess the ATF rejected it as a destructive device.
    It was a 28ga Judge revolver.

Now that Mossberg and Remington have their respective non-NFA "shockwave" platforms that are classified as "firearm", maybe Taurus can re-classify the 28ga Judge as a "firearm".
    It would make a much better home defense gun than the .410bore.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It pushes all the right buttons, says all the right things, promises what everyone wants. The issue will be performance and durability. Taurus can make a quality product. I had a couple. Their recent fiascoes destroyed all confidence in their products. Some of their new models, or newer models, are holding up well. I hope they get their act together, improve their quality, improve and standardize their customer service (so that everyone gets good service, not just a few lucky ones), and return to profitability. I like the idea of more manufacturing jobs in the USA. I also like the idea of a serviceable, reliable, basic AR for under $400. If Taurus can do that, bring it on.

Top Bottom