• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csprig9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    looking at building a new 9mm caliber ar. whats the best sight to order uppers and lowers. Never built an ar but have read alot about it. most places point to palmetto state armory as the place to get uppers and lowers, any other reccemendations? is all i need an upper and complete lower besides sights? Do i need to get a 16 inch barrel or can i get a shorter one and it be considered a pistol? like i said, never done it before and was wanting a 9mm cal fun little carbine to shoot. Thanks for all the tips.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I have heard other people complain about psa's quality. Personally I have had great experiences from them. I have noticed a lot of the haters were gun snobs for what that's worth. I have put thousands of rounds through my main "duty rifle" with no issues. Compared to my f1 I bought from Rainer arms. It's not as pretty and the nibr bcg shows a little more wear, but for a fraction of the price, I'm perfectly ok with it.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    is all i need an upper and complete lower besides sights?

you're post isn't clear what you are trying to do. By "building" do you mean buying a complete upper and complete lower and slapping them together? Or are you wanting to build the lower but buy a complete upper?

Lots of places to buy upper and lowers, so you'd have to be more specific about what you are wanting. In addition to PSA, you can get lots of stuff through Brownells, Midway, other brand specific websites, etc. I think you either need to find some more specific questions or do some more research, IMO.

Do i need to get a 16 inch barrel or can i get a shorter one and it be considered a pistol? like i said, never done it before and was wanting a 9mm cal fun little carbine to shoot. Thanks for all the tips.

If it has a stock, the barrel HAS to be longer than 16". If you want to build a pistol, again, I suggest you do a little more research on items like the "sig brace" or other "pistol braces" for ARs so you understand what you are getting in to... there are LOTS of threads on this forum if you do a little searching.

-rvb

Top Bottom