Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Crail View Post
    Well since the LWRC has been brought up, just saying for ~$1000 it's a hell of a deal definetly on par with DD, BCM or LMT

I also agree with Seedubs I am not recommending any "bargain bin" AR's they are like 1911's in that respect

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/l...th-review.html
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post

I have no comment
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post

User Info Menu

Delton is ****
    please don't buy a delton.
    id listen to seedubs.
    CASH 4 GUITARS & AMPS. Fender & Gibson. PM me.
    NRA Patron Life Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Delton is ****
    please don't buy a delton.
    id listen to seedubs.
    Agreed. The older, pre 2012 stuff was okay, but their QC didn't withstand the increased demand post Sandy Hook.
    WTB: S&W Victory .38 Special. PM me

User Info Menu

Out of all of the choices on your list, OP, Spikes is the only one I can recommend. None of the other manufacturers are consistent in their QC. Overtorqued barrel nuts, gas ports ranging in size, BCGs not properly staked. These things are actually important, and you should continue to seek out further information and knowledge to understand why they are important.
    WTB: S&W Victory .38 Special. PM me

Plinker

User Info Menu

Colt 6720 or 6920. 6720 has a lightweight barrel and is a very light and handy carbine. 6920 has the M4 profile which alot of folks hate but doesn't bother me any. Both can be had for around $800 and will last a lifetime and retain value/collectibility. 8-10 years ago, the 6920 was selling for around $1200 and up to $1800 or even higher during the panics. Point being, now is the time to buy.

That is a pretty amazing deal on that Sionics kit if you are comfortable assembling your own lower receiver.

User Info Menu

If you can get a LWRC for $1000... Then buy 2 or 3 of them.

As for optics: That deserves its own thread. Seriously.

Same questions, though: Budget and intended use. You can spend $500+ on an unmagnified high quality red dot... Or $175 on a "as cheap as I'd go and still really really trust it" red dot.

Or you can spend $250 on a variable power "zoom" scope for 200-500 yards... Or you can spend $5000 on a scope for the same thing. Or you can spend $300 on a 1-4 power scope for 0-200 yds... Or you can spend $5000 on a scope for the same thing.

Whatever you do - look in to Vortex scopes. Then head here to buy: Welcome to A&A Optics Inc - Certified Vortex Dealer The owner is an INGOer and a WEALTH of information about scopes and how to buy the correct scope and mount for your purposes and within your budget.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Once again I want to thank everyone. (and tactifully fat, I've pulled up that site and will give them a call. Thanks for the optics advice)

You've all given me the info I need to decide which guns I'm really going to appreciate and feel comfortable relying on.
    It seems to me that the budget rifles in this industry seem to be made very well overall. it seems that there is some pretty overwhelming positve feedback so those guns have to be pretty good for what a good portion of the gun owning public need or want from their gun. I think, if I wasn't blessed to have the means to afford a better rifle right now, I'd be pretty comfortable owning one of these basic models.....
    But.. per the advice here and input from others, there is a real difference in the reliability and build quality of higher priced guns that is worth paying for if one values that.

even though I couldn't find a lot of info on the Sionics I went ahead and ordered that Sionics rifle kit based almost solely on the advice of Seedubs and the support for it from the group. Just went and picked up a Spikes stripped lower today from LGS. I'm trusting you Seedubs!!!

That deal on the LWRC DI also seemed to be really good at 999 and the additional research i did on BCM and LWRC really kind of sold me on the value there, so I also bought that gun from Midwest. (Adam, who helped me there was really helpful and great to work with). Thanks you Expat for the info on that deal. Very much appreciated.

I'm sure I'll have some questions as I start to build the Sionics, and I'm going to need to choose some BUIS and optics, so I'll be posting again I'm sure.Thanks to the community taking the time to give me some direction here

A follow on request I have for everyone here though.... I'll list the components that I think I need to purchase now for the guns . If anyone can give recommendations on specific products they recommend, or what info I should be looking at to make intelligent decisions, or even suggestions of items that I should buy but I don't list below, please comment. Pleaseremember that even though i bought some nice guns, I'd really like to stay as budget as is intelligent on everything. thanks,

General accessories I plan to buy;
    CMMG .22 conversion kit
    cleaning kit
    oil/lube
    ammo (good suggestions on where to get the best price?)

For the Sionics build I need to buy;
    lower receiver (I already bought a Spikes)
    buttstock (should I just buy a magpul and if so, what should I look for)
    Iron Sights
    scope
    gun case (Lockable)
    Extra mags
    ultimately I'd also like ot purchase a new complete upper for 300AAC
    I also will at some point want to buy a 7.62x39 suppressor so I can fit both teh 5.56 and the 300 uppers.

For the LWRC I need to buy;
    Scope
    iron sites
    mags
    gun carry case (lockable)

Plinker

User Info Menu

And no-one ever mentioned what the president of Springfield arms did that pissed everyone off so bad. ??????

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dustycoyote View Post
    And no-one ever mentioned what the president of Springfield arms did that pissed everyone off so bad. ??????
    It's a long read, but worth it. There are more links inside the thread as well.
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/l...-illinois.html
    Less & less amused every day...
    INGO #467

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast