• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm looking at a Remington 700 LTR with a 20" threaded barrel in 308 and I'm not finding very many range reports out there. My google fuu may not be up to speed, but I seem to be striking out. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the rifle.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    This is a 5 round group out of my stock LTR, shooting from 100 meters using Hornady 168gr factory loaded A Max rounds:

Absolutely zero complaints, I couldn't be any happier with mine.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I have a buddy who owns one and he has been thrilled with it. I fired a few rounds through it, but I was just shooting the gongs so I can't comment as to accuracy potential. It's a 700, I don't know how you can go wrong with one...

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Sounds good. I'm guessing the lack of range reports has more to do with the added cost of the LTR over the SPS tactical that looks just like it.

I ended up going with the new 700 Remington magpul version with the 22" threaded 5R barrel, so I'm really hoping that I get some quality groups like the picture above. The more I thought about the LTR vs the Magpul version it seemed like the magpul version had the same barrel so I went with that since I've already got a few magpul mags laying around for that stock.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    While it's not the LTR, my AAC-SD has been reliably sub-moa in a Magpul stock, running federal 168 gr sierra btsp.

Top Bottom