• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Trying to sort out the details of a deal. Guy has a pair of Russian mauser and a Finn capture. Says both are 91/30. I know how to work the bolt but other than that I know nothing about mauser.

This is an internet deal. Sight unseen. What do I want to know to be a savvy swapper?

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    91/30 are not mauser they are moisn nagant, the moisn use a 7.62x54r. id want a pic. if u cant get a pic then have them tell u all the marks on the gun, atleast that is in english. might have a inport mark. usually says what caliber it is on import stamps.

do some google searches to know what they look like and what the differences are

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If I were to get one I'd probably buy the Finn capture just because it might have shot some Soviets :rockwoot: as opposed to the other way around. The Finns also added upgrades IIRK.

Then again I'd have to seriously think about buying a rifle from someone who didn't know the difference between a Mauser and a Mosin :n00b:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Maybe your first one shouldn't be sight unseen if you are available for FTF purchase. Lots of Mosins floating around gun stores and shows. I live in a small town and every shop in town has some variation.

Now if it was a nice Finnish M39....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    it's me that doesn't know the difference.

I'm good with not knowing as I would be the buyer. At least in the beginning.
    Don't feel bad. Have you ever looked at a listing for a live firearm auction? These are guys that really should know what they're auctioning off and I've seen a lot of Mosins (any bolt action gun really) called "Mausers".

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I opened this thread to read about some unicorn C&R's. I'd offer a rare Belgian Arisaka for a Finn Mauser.

Sorry that the OP's deal didn't happen.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    About the only Finn Mauser would be a Finn marked Swede M96. But saying its a 91/30 kinda shoots that down. Another thing also about Finn'd 91/30 is they could be anything from a complete rebuild (Finn stock, barrel, etc) to simply a [SA] mark added to a bone stock Soviet and literally anything in between.

Minifire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    USA
    For me a Russian Mauser is closer... but only for cultural reasons. My favorite poet wrote about this gun )

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    research

WZ. 91/98/23

WZ. 91/98/25

Wz. 91/98/26

Not made by the Germans but converted by Poland to fire the 8mm (7.92x57 Mauser) round.

Hard...to...find. Polish made weapons have always been some of the most highly finished you can find. I have 2 of their Vis35 "Radom" 9mm handguns. I wished I had one of their M44's when they were cheap.

Top Bottom