• ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Because they are awesome?

Now that .357 is a legal deer caliber, I have noticed that these guns are harder to find around here. I SBR'd one down to 12" and threaded it for my Osprey 9 and shooting .38SPL out of it is TOO much fun.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Makes sense. Thanks. I had a problem with my first one in 44mag. Loading gate was jacked up and caused it to jam right after shooting a nice buck. Fortunately the first shot was good and I did not need a second. When I got a replacement rifle I tried to sell it, and did not even shoot it for a year. I scoped my Marlin season before last, but grabbed the Rossi after shooting it some and took my best buck in 30 years. I still like the Marlin a little better, but have grown quite fond of the little Rossi. Thought a shorter barrel in .357 would be kind of cool and a lot of fun. No hurry. Just curious.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I know you said .357 but you may look at the 45 Colt. I got a BLEM from Kentucky Gun Company for my daughter and the only BLEM I found was soooo small I had a hard time finding it. At $400.00 it is HARD TO BEAT. Also with the M92 action you can load them from Cowboy action to +P loads for the T.C. and Blackhawk. So mild to WILD!!

I have hers tuned in at around 1,050fps. She is noise sensitive so keeping it below the speed of sound helped with the "Crack" that she has problems with. In the future I am planning on cranking it up as she gets older so we can take FULL advantage of sturdy action on the M92 and turn it into a 200yd gun.

http://https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=95069

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading/426788-45-colt-powder-question.html

Just a thought.

Last edited:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I know you said .357 but you may look at the 45 Colt. I got a BLEM from Kentucky Gun Company for my daughter and the only BLEM I found was soooo small I had a hard time finding it. At $400.00 it is HARD TO BEAT. Also with the M92 action you can load them from Cowboy action to +P loads for the T.C. and Blackhawk. So mild to WILD!!

I have hers tuned in at around 1,050fps. She is noise sensitive so keeping it below the speed of sound helped with the "Crack" that she has problems with. In the future I am planning on cranking it up as she gets older so we can take FULL advantage of sturdy action on the M92 and turn it into a 200yd gun.

http://https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=95069

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading/426788-45-colt-powder-question.html

Just a thought.

Thanks a lot. I will keep that sight in mind for a later date. Nothing at all wrong with the 45 Long Colt, great round. But I made the decision in 1987 to go with the 44mag/44special over the 45 Long Colt. I'm all set up to reload 44's and .357/.38's. Lots of revolvers too. Just don't want to throw another cartridge into the mix. Plus I have 2 lever guns in 44 mag already. Not much point in adding a 45.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Because they are awesome?

Now that .357 is a legal deer caliber, I have noticed that these guns are harder to find around here. I SBR'd one down to 12" and threaded it for my Osprey 9 and shooting .38SPL out of it is TOO much fun.
    Um, .357 has been legal for deer for many years. I bought my Rossi .357 from Gunbroker about 5 years ago. They seem to always be in high demand. I hated the factory sights so I put a bullseye rear sight on mine and really like it.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Thanks a lot. I will keep that sight in mind for a later date. Nothing at all wrong with the 45 Long Colt, great round. But I made the decision in 1987 to go with the 44mag/44special over the 45 Long Colt. I'm all set up to reload 44's and .357/.38's. Lots of revolvers too. Just don't want to throw another cartridge into the mix. Plus I have 2 lever guns in 44 mag already. Not much point in adding a 45.

I completely understand. Just thought I would throw that out there. You may want to keep and eye on Kentucky Gun Co. They regularly get the BLEM models in. When I bought the 45 Colt they had several .357 at that time also...just a thought.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I picked up a .45LC 24" Octagonal bbl from Midwest Gun Exchange about a week or so ago. It was the only one they had and most of the places on line say out of stock. I wanted a rifle to go with my SAA in .45LC.

As a weapon just took it to the range today with my dad. Off hand at 25yds it was easy to get 4" 12 shot groups with multiple x's. I'd heard that the actions can be stiff so I'd already taken to liberty to lube it and work the action, oh a few hundred times, during a watching of Rio Lobo. The only failure to feed today came when I chose not to work the action deliberately, if I slow stroke it the cartridges may jam up on the way in. If you do you job this rifle will to its job. IMHO. 100+ rounds down range today and only one failure to feed.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I just saw this on the Rossi USA site:

"The models listed below are no longer imported by Braztech International, LC. Content is subject to change and is provided here for reference purposes only."

Guess I'm glad I bought mine when I saw it...they may never be back.

The only offers now are in .45C round barrel carbine versions.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom