Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Those FCP-SRs are awesome rifles. I reviewed one for my channel (RH version) and couldn't believe how well they shot out of the box for the price. For the price posted is a steal for you LH shooters...

[video=youtube;cQmOyd2dmbc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQmOyd2dmbc&t=1s[/video]

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Those FCP-SRs are awesome rifles. I reviewed one for my channel (RH version) and couldn't believe how well they shot out of the box for the price. For the price posted is a steal for you LH shooters...

That's some very nice shooting. I do believe I'll be giving that Federal Gold Medal Match a try.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    For some damn fool reason I thought this place was way out west. Turns out it's just the other side of Columbus, Ohio, and guns require only one day to arrive from there, even with standard shipping. The free shipping does take several days to process though, just like Bud's. If anyone does decide to order one, make sure you can get your invoice dated for July 5 or sooner to be eligible for the $100 rebate.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I picked this rifle up at my FFL Friday. The first thing I have to say is that even without tinkering, the Accutrigger is stellar. Take up is almost weightless, there is only the tiniest hint of creep, and then it breaks like glass. I really like the way the three-position safety functions. Fit and finish is very good to excellent, except for the molded stock. I'm sure the stock will work fine, it just won't win any beauty contests. The first time I disassemble the rifle, I will work on all the seams and mold flashing on the stock.

I will start a second thread for the build of this rifle, as I have already chosen the accessories to complete it. It will basically be another "1000 yards for $1000" thread, except it's going to be more like "600 yards for $1100."

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Got this rifle to the range for the first time today. The scope is a Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14 x 50 CDS side focus. I went ahead and sighted in with the suppressor because that’s mainly how I intend to shoot it. There was a guy next to us shooting with a Ruger Percision .308 and the difference in sound was nothing short of astonishing. It’s ridiculous that suppressors aren’t easier to obtain, but that’s a subject for another thread.

The first three shots from 25 yards are the ones low and right of the center target, all touching. That was just cheap Field & Stream ammo to make sure we were on paper. The bottom left and bottom right targets, in sequence, are the two we shot from 100 yards. This was Federal gold medal match GM308M ammo. Right at 1 MOA, not a bad start (especially considering it was super windy and gusty).

A couple of notes about the rifle: the magazine is quite fiddly. It’s easy to not insert the back fully so it won’t pick up the next round. On a positive note, my magazine does hold 10, unlike some others. Also, it’s easy to short cycle the bolt until you get some practice. Of course, we shoot mostly .22s and the recoil was a bit surprising at first, but the gun is so much more pleasant to shoot suppressed.

We’ll be working more with it, just thought I would circle back here and let you guys know that we are off to a good start.

Attachments

• AE08F17A-FA6A-4953-916F-1455C62CAB86.jpg
      AE08F17A-FA6A-4953-916F-1455C62CAB86.jpg
      115.2 KB · Views: 25
    • 000A3C63-7ED4-4AED-8D8D-BE3104186D97.jpg
      000A3C63-7ED4-4AED-8D8D-BE3104186D97.jpg
      91 KB · Views: 24
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom