A Factory Complete BCM for $899 shipped!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I must be confused what a recce is then? I thought it was suppose to be light weight?
    typically the recce rifles or the first military versions uses standard profile or socom profile barrels that are 14 1/2 inches and scavenged from other rifles.
    This is an entry level BCM. It doesn't have a pinned gas block like higher end BCM's. Honestly not that big of a deal. Also the barrel on this is capable of most people's accuracy abilities. I have no issues with a GOOD light weight barrel and most of the negative talk about them online is by people who know nothing.
    Not saying that about seedubs

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yup. Recce is a reconnaissance rifle. Typically a 14.5" heavier profile with a LPV of some sort. I just don't like that BCM uses the term for marketing purposes because it sounds cool. This rifle is not a recce.

But you're right.....it IS a good rifle. I've got no issues with LW barrels. Right now, 2 of my 3 barrels are ELW profile (but not BCM).

BCM makes great stuff. Buy with confidence.

BCM, Sionics, DD, LMT, and Knights are what I'd put my money in right now if I bought complete rifles. All top notch.

Normally, I'd say Colt as well.....but from what I've been reading, they've been having some issues. Normally, they're the mil-spec gold standard with the 6920. Definitely not pretty, but normally, they get the job done.

typically the recce rifles or the first military versions uses standard profile or socom profile barrels that are 14 1/2 inches and scavenged from other rifles.
    This is an entry level BCM. It doesn't have a pinned gas block like higher end BCM's. Honestly not that big of a deal. Also the barrel on this is capable of most people's accuracy abilities. I have no issues with a GOOD light weight barrel and most of the negative talk about them online is by people who know nothing.
    Not saying that about seedubs

Last edited:

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    Someone post a link to new Colts blowing up or having severe malfunction issues. Or is this just the same old complaining about scratched finishes and rough machining marks?

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    TT found a great deal on a rifle here hands down. Bcm is quality, cant wait to do up a 14.5 mid fsp bcm upper personally. But I won't say one bad thing from colt. Still have yet to have a full factory colt rifle, but have been running the s#it out of my 100% colt uppers and perfect. I'll stand for both, not the expanse, but a colt.

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Read on m4c or arfcom. There's a few reports of stuff that doesn't look like it would slip through at bcm, DD, LMT, Sionics, etc... but nothing major in general. Colt still holds the TDP and is "mil-spec." You buy a 6920, you're truly buying a semi auto civilianized military m4. The argument here is that mil spec is the minimum and there's better to be had elsewhere, but you do have to pay for better.

Colts are fugly. But in general, they run. If they don't run, it's an anomaly.

I DO NOT agree that Colt is lesser than Spikes, dpms, etc... but at this point, they are not up to snuff with the true quality manufacturers. I'd take a bcm all day every day over a Colt. And I'd take a Colt all day every day over a Spikes.

Someone post a link to new Colts blowing up or having severe malfunction issues. Or is this just the same old complaining about scratched finishes and rough machining marks?

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    Not only do Colts run, their bolts are known to last noticeably longer than other "milspec" bolts. Their barrels are also exceptionally accurate for a chrome lined military style barrel. Even KAC is using Colt Canada CHF barrels, probably plenty of other Colt parts too. They have a long history together.

Wouldn't surprise me if BCM is using Colt parts too. You guys realize BCM and most other AR "manufacturers" dont actually manufacture much, if anything, on their own? Well, maybe their rails and some other parts. But they aren't making barrels, BCGs, receivers, small parts, etc. They source it, assemble it and then brand it their own.

To each their own. A pretty finish on an anodized aluminum and steel military style weapon means nothing to me, I could care less about scratches and machine marks. BCM is good stuff but it doesn't run any better than a Colt does and it costs more. I'll take the crappy finish for $200 less and put that money saved towards a good trigger, rail or ammo.

Top Bottom