Tippmann Arms M4-22 Review

M4222.jpg

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Interesting, glad to see that they are getting back into the firearms business. Wish they would do a run of .22 semi auto belt fed guns.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree, Tippman is the gold standard for workhorse marking guns.

But good luck translating that into the non-paintball market. I think their history will fall on deaf ears for most consumers. (that dont play paintball)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'd rather have this than my S&W M&P 22/15. My S&W is loads of fun but just not accurate enough for my tastes.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I'd rather have this than my S&W M&P 22/15. My S&W is loads of fun but just not accurate enough for my tastes.

If you ever want to shoot it just let me know. Did you watch the suppressed video? It's very quiet. Perfect for bipping bunnies and tree rats!

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Over the weekend Sportsman's Cove in Fort Wayne was having their annual sale. They had Tippmann Arms there showing off the M4-22 with a raffle to win one. I got the chance to handle it and was quite impressed. Feel and functioned just like a typical AR-15. It didn't feel cheap at all. I wish I had the chance to shoot it but it would be on my radar if looking for an AR based .22 rifle.
    Tippmann Arms M4-22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOloXNR116M

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I changed out the Magpul MOE hand guard for a Radical arms free float one then added a bipod and a 4-16x scope. Now to get it on paper and then see if I can ring some steel at 200 yards.

freefloat-1.jpg

freefloat-2.jpg

freefloat-3.jpg

freefloat-4.jpg

freefloat-5.jpg

freefloat-6.jpg

I also modified the charging handle and put in an extended release. This lets me access the charging handle with the scope attached.

ch-1.jpg

ch-2.jpg

ch-3.jpg

ch-4.jpg

While doing these things on a regular AR is no big deal modifying this one is a lot more fun and maybe a bit challenging.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Nice! Nice accuracy test too. Although...did you mean get out and ping some steel? :dunno:

Thanks, I wanted to show how accurate it really is. Shooting steel is a lot of fun But it's hard to get a true account of where the bullets are hitting. I know I could've painted the steel and then shot it but I liked the idea of the Shoot N C targets. The main upgrade I did ti it was free floating the barrel. My group got a lot tighter even with crummy Remington bulk ammo. I'm pretty happy with it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Here is mine. I replaced the trigger with a polished one I had, removed the castle nut and replaced the sling mount that digs into your firing hand with a standard mil spec, put on a modified a2 grip that I stippled and removed the finger groove, and finally I replaced the factory handguard with a black Friday special diamond head vrs. The buttstock is a stag takeoff that is exponentially better than the wobbly one that comes from the factory, but will get a Magpul Moe once my Larue furniture arrives for my other rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_20171127_112824675.jpg
      IMG_20171127_112824675.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 13

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Looks pretty good! I like the hand guard. When/if you replace the bird cage make sure you use a barrel vise/clamp of some sort. The index pin on the barrel for the upper receiver is a roll pin and will crush if you pull the bird cage off the normal way on an AR15. That is the only problem I see with the M4-22. If you've seen any of my videos of it you'll see how accurate it is and will a suppressor it's very quiet. The more I shoot mine the more impressed I am with it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I clamped my barrel on your advice before pulling it to install the new barrel nut and remove the gas block. I'm pretty happy with it so far. I need to figure out if I want irons, magnification, or keep the eotech on it.

I only put the birdcage back to hand tight and am replacing it with a basic thread protector as this will be a suppressor host.

I'll have it with me at Revere's riders this weekend in case there is some spare time to plink with it.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    So who has one near Ft. Wayne that will let me run there' to see if I need one......?

They are made in Ft. Wayne. You could probably stop by there and check them out. The guys who work there are very nice and I imagine they would take time out to chat with you. Eric is the main salesman. I've known him for years through the paintball side. Great guy. Their website is Tippmann Arms Their address and phone numbers are at the bottom of the page.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I clamped my barrel on your advice before pulling it to install the new barrel nut and remove the gas block. I'm pretty happy with it so far. I need to figure out if I want irons, magnification, or keep the eotech on it.

I only put the birdcage back to hand tight and am replacing it with a basic thread protector as this will be a suppressor host.

I'll have it with me at Revere's riders this weekend in case there is some spare time to plink with it.
    Do you have a suppressor for it? Where is the Revere's Riders event?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have a thunderbeast 22 takedown sitting in nfa jail, hopefully only 2 or 3 more months. It is in Nashville, Indiana rifle 125 two day event.
    If it was closer I'd meet you there and let you borrow one of my direct thread suppressors. I'd also bring mine so you could see the differences.
    Are you going to shoot it in the Rider's course?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    No I'm shooting my full scale ar15. It is 2 days tho so I'll have it in the car if there is a lull in the action I'll get it out and sight it in.

Top Bottom