• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rightwinger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Mother Indiana
    Couldn't find a thread on this so I figured I'd start one.... Evidently new sanctions with Russia bans the import of VEPR rifles. This is depressing to say the least. I've read through different forums and the VERP 12s and VEPRs in .308 may not be affected. I'm not so sure on that and any insight would be nice. I'm glad I got my hands on a few VEPRs before all this came down.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Legion, K-Var, Atlantic, Classic Arms. All sold out of Vepr rifles. I had thought about selling my Russian Sgl and picking up a cheaper Vepr. Not gonna happen now.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    DAMMIT! I've had my eye on a 23" barrel x54r for some, some time, but I've never been in a spot to buy one. Looks like I may have to wait much, much longer

EDIT: After a quick google, is looks as if companies are banned from FURTHER business with MOLOT. That means if there are any rifles in route to a distributor, then they can still hit the market. Unlike all the 7n6 that is sitting in five different warehouses collecting dust, rifles is transit will get to stores. That will be our only hope. Also, RIP our wallets

Last edited:

rightwinger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Mother Indiana
    DAMMIT! I've had my eye on a 23" barrel x54r for some, some time, but I've never been in a spot to buy one. Looks like I may have to wait much, much longer

EDIT: After a quick google, is looks as if companies are banned from FURTHER business with MOLOT. That means if there are any rifles in route to a distributor, then they can still hit the market. Unlike all the 7n6 that is sitting in five different warehouses collecting dust, rifles is transit will get to stores. That will be our only hope. Also, RIP our wallets

sucks man i bought the SVD/Dragunov clone that Atlantic Firearms sold a year ago and I love it. But I agree when the "enroute" rifles hit the stores they are going to fast and some pretty pennies

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

any gun stores that I see with them marked up super high won't get anymore business of mine then because that means they've already paid the regular price for them. If they mark them up they are pulling a "cheaper than dirt" and deserve boycotted

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I got tired of the up and down on AK's. I have only a couple that I will keep, and a polytech legend that I'll be selling down the road. Chinese AK's .... another victim of bs politics

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Glad I picked up my FMAK47-11 when I did. Sucks though my buddy was saving for one too. Hope he can grab one before they are gone.

I just bought the last FM-AK47-11 Classic had in stock. Missed it the first time I looked. I think I will make this a keeper along with the Sgl. Maybe have a Molot vs Izzy shootout.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    There hasn't ever been a lifted firearm import ban. I bought a 308 Vepr in April because i wanted a 308 akm (rpk actually) it's a good shooter, but for 7.62 there's quite a few options out there. They don't carry the Izzy/molot name. Or you can toss one together yourself.

Either way Vepr just hit collector status.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I am so mad I could spit. I was just looking all over the place yesterday online for a 7.62x54. I couldn't figure out what happened to them all. I have a pile of ammo for one and figured when the ammo dried up, I could catch one on the cheap. Boy am I mad at myself.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Just an FYI. in my frantic search last night for a LONE rifle in the configuration I wanted, I found that many places have tons of VEPRs in stock. Lots of x39, 5.45, and .308's to be found. If you know anyone who was wanting one in those calibers, I'd let them know they can still be found.

For us Dragunov fanboys, we're the ones who are SOL. I couldn't find a single 23 inch barrel chambered in x54r with type 1 sights. Type 2 sights on the other hand (eww), I found a few

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    any gun stores that I see with them marked up super high won't get anymore business of mine then because that means they've already paid the regular price for them. If they mark them up they are pulling a "cheaper than dirt" and deserve boycotted
    I'm hoping classic firearms comes through in the clutch. I've always found they've kept prices low while delivering the cold hard truth. I fully expect they get a batch, then release a hype video saying "THIS IS THE LAST WE'LL EVER HAVE! GET ONE TOMORROW AT 10AM!" sort of thing

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I am so mad I could spit. I was just looking all over the place yesterday online for a 7.62x54. I couldn't figure out what happened to them all. I have a pile of ammo for one and figured when the ammo dried up, I could catch one on the cheap. Boy am I mad at myself.
    To be honest, certain versions of the 7.62x54r have always been hard to keep in stock online. I know when a few places got their first shipments under the new distributor, they were sold out in under an hour. Especially when you consider that the prices on them have gone down. It's a crappy case of supply and demand. The demand far outmatches the supply on these bad boys

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Just an FYI. in my frantic search last night for a LONE rifle in the configuration I wanted, I found that many places have tons of VEPRs in stock. Lots of x39, 5.45, and .308's to be found. If you know anyone who was wanting one in those calibers, I'd let them know they can still be found.

For us Dragunov fanboys, we're the ones who are SOL. I couldn't find a single 23 inch barrel chambered in x54r with type 1 sights. Type 2 sights on the other hand (eww), I found a few
    Grabagun has the 20 inch 54r, most everyone else gets theirs drop shipped from k-var. I believe k-var has cancelled a few orders now too

rightwinger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Mother Indiana
    I'm hoping classic firearms comes through in the clutch. I've always found they've kept prices low while delivering the cold hard truth. I fully expect they get a batch, then release a hype video saying "THIS IS THE LAST WE'LL EVER HAVE! GET ONE TOMORROW AT 10AM!" sort of thing

hopefully they don't pull an Atlantic Firearms routine. They sell out of a specific rifle with "sold out but expecting more" when they come back in stock they are always more expensive even if it was only a week or two.

Top Bottom