Budget AR15 Upper Choice, Help Us Pick The Next One!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which upper should "The Hide" review next?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Hello INGO brethren, after receiving a very nice reception of my latest video on my channel about budget upper quality and accuracy (video below). What do you think should be the next upper brand in the series. I've had a number of requests for the Palmetto Freedom upper. Should I go with PSA or a different route for the next one?.....

[video=youtube;R2uVrFG54MA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2uVrFG54MA[/video]

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I used a PSA freedom 1:7 stainless upper on my build. It out shoots me but I've only had it to 100 yards. I've put about 800 rounds through it without a hiccup so far. My kit was $425 which included everything but the lower and a rear sight.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Make sure you get a straight edge to check the freedom upper FSP. Mine was very slightly off the the left by a few thousanths of an inch which made my zero on my rear be to the left more than any other AR I've owned or carried. Shoots good though, but it bugged me. I free floated that one as it seemed a logical candidate for the mod.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Make sure you get a straight edge to check the freedom upper FSP. Mine was very slightly off the the left by a few thousanths of an inch which made my zero on my rear be to the left more than any other AR I've owned or carried. Shoots good though, but it bugged me. I free floated that one as it seemed a logical candidate for the mod.

If that one wins out on the vote which it looks like it will, Ill do that, thanks for the heads up!

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I would have thought that everyone had or knew someone with a PSA by now.

If you want to put your money on a Delton or something else less well known, I can make my PSA Freedom upper and an AR Stoner upper available for your testing.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Care to explain??? Have had two of their lower receivers and they were/are gtg.
    all lowers aren't created equal but it's possible you might never have an issue even with a inferior lower.
    Their uppers are poo. Just so many i stances online that back that up so I'm not trying to dog on your parade just trying to keep someone from making the mistake of buying one. Like an IO Ak, poop too

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I put a Del-ton 20 inch flat top (A4-style) on an INGO lower finished with Stoner parts, and so far, so good. This was a build for my son. Only about 80 rounds so far.

woodstock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2015
    Sullivan
    I put a Del-ton 20 inch flat top (A4-style) on an INGO lower finished with Stoner parts, and so far, so good. This was a build for my son. Only about 80 rounds so far.
    i have that upper on my a4 clone it's become my favorite rifle to shoot.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I would have thought that everyone had or knew someone with a PSA by now.

If you want to put your money on a Delton or something else less well known, I can make my PSA Freedom upper and an AR Stoner upper available for your testing.

That would be awesome, send me a PM...

Top Bottom