• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Hmm..I have a Vortex Strikefire on mine. Not sure why you would have trouble though. How far out are you trying to Zero?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i was starting the process at about 7 yards and at the highest elevation the tavor shoots six inches high so,yeah, im stumped honestly with the tavor . ainpoint has been on my sbr and works perfectly. its not the aimpoint
    Hmm..I have a Vortex Strikefire on mine. Not sure why you would have trouble though. How far out are you trying to Zero?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Tavor%20with%20ZRX.jpg
    how low to the bore is your aimpoint mounted

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Holosun.
    by far the best red dot for the money, IMHO.
    Personally, I like the HS515C (I have 3 of them).
    Me and a friend put a couple Holosuns through a 3 day tactical rifle class and no issues.

Spaceman Spiff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2017
    Henderson
    To give the weird answer, could you shim the mount on the rail to cant it slightly, allowing more adjustment in the direction needed? This would be the cheapest attempted fix, rather than buying a new mount or optic. You could probably trim a piece of a feeler gauge or something to fit in.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    good idea. I think i got it working with a different aimpoint mount i had that is mounted a little lower. Thanks for your input
    To give the weird answer, could you shim the mount on the rail to cant it slightly, allowing more adjustment in the direction needed? This would be the cheapest attempted fix, rather than buying a new mount or optic. You could probably trim a piece of a feeler gauge or something to fit in.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i may have simply screwed up...when im at the ocala fl range i usually am paying more attention to the floridiots shooting incessantly without checking targets and making sure gun pro doesnt let his wife get slide bite while "training" her with a 44 mag revolver, or telling gun pro 2's girlfriend that all guns dont kick like the 12 guage slug gun her boyfriend just gave her. people have very poor gun safety there and in this trip i had to shout out that there is no such thing a "kind of cold range"--its either hot or cold. so that being said, i came home, discovered the pop up sights on the tavor. the next day i took those to the indoor safe range and zeroed the iron sights at 25. after that, i just adjusted the aimpoint to cowitness and all is well. so the problem was just me and the environment. i may have just adjusted the sight the wrong way so all is well

Have you talked to IWI about it? That just seems weird that the barrel would be aimed so far up or the rail so far down.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    well, i was in too much of a hurry with the light fading and it is downright scary there at the free public forest range. I usually stand around watching and evaluating who might shoot me rather than focusing on what I am doing. I got it figured out.
    That's what I was thinking since the gun shooting high when the sight was adjusted all the way up is exactly what I would expect it to do.

Top Bottom