• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I was looking for a 20" rifle to use as just a suppressor host in a bolt action rifle that wouldn't break the bank and looked into one of these from Savage. I have to say first an foremost its A LOT of rifle for no more than they cost. You get a threaded and fluted barrel, Accustock, oversized bolt handle and Accutrigger for around the $550 mark. I got this one in 6.5 Creedmoor as something a little different to play around with and suppress. Granted I'm not full on the 6.5CM bandwagon, but the added benefit of all the factory loaded match ammo offerings now makes it a very intriguing caliber all while retaining some very nice ballistics.. With the accuracy I've seen from shooting factory ammo is pretty awesome and makes it very nice not having to stand in front of reloading bench is very nice... Hope to get some data on shooting suppressed vs. non-suppressed as well for some more data points as well....

FCP-_SR_6.5.jpg

[video=youtube;0g3bJxGpvj4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g3bJxGpvj4[/video]

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Yea, I will admit its not perfect, several features could use improvement but the performance far exceeds the price without a doubt.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    6.5 creedmoor is intriguing for sure, if I had the time to shoot real long distance much I'd be all over it probably. Alas for now I've got the trusty ol 30-06 for playing far away. Looking forward to the videos on this rifle!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I hear that Ford, the thing with Creedmoor is most people (myself included) will never shoot this caliber out to the ranges it was meant to perform at...

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Here are some results at 210yrds, I have to say this is becoming a favorite rifle. These results using just factory ammo is very appealing!

[video=youtube;xVE-5WNJP1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVE-5WNJP1M[/video]

Top Bottom