• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    For sighting in, I have a cheap shooting rest that a friend gave me. It's fully adjustable, which works out great for SBRs and the big guns.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/3...MIhOiywt-R1QIViZF-Ch1agQnpEAQYASABEgLjAPD_BwE

last week sighting in a couple.

2B5271AE-B9ED-4193-A173-BFA6555BA2A1_zpshalbj3dc.jpg

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I use to use a Cladwell lead sled, but sold it as it was just to bulky to lug back to the range. It did however work very well. Anymore I just use the bipod and rear bag..

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I use to use a Cladwell lead sled, but sold it as it was just to bulky to lug back to the range. It did however work very well. Anymore I just use the bipod and rear bag..
    I use bipods on about anything with magnified optics, but I tried out that rest, which is made of plastic, and weighs nothing. I brought it to fine tune the Aimpoint on the SBR, but it worked out great for the thermal scoped one also.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I usually sight in with just a bipod. Only reason is i figure if im using the rifle for hunting or shtf, im not gonna be using a rest that locks the rifle in place. I could be wrong but to me it sights the rifle in to me as the shooter, with whatever inconsistencies i have when shooting. I figure if i can manage 3" groups at 100 to 200 yards, i can kill what im shooting at. Im definitely not a precision shooter but i dont shoot for competition, mostly deer.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My 1st Appleseed years and years ago I asked Yellowhousejake about bringing a rest to zero in rifles for class. He told me to leave it at home. You won't need it he said. I was puzzled at first but after attending that class and several more after that I realized he was right. I don't need a fancy rest to get a zero good out well past a 1/4 mile. All it takes is solid fundamentals, a sling and the ground.

Top Bottom