• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have had my eye on a Sig MCX for a while. I even have a .30 cal can that is just waiting for a host rifle. Now that Sig just updated the MCX to the MCX Virtus (new cool grey color, gas shielded charging handle, larger gas adjustment ports, m-lok attachments), I am even more intrigued. The 9" .300 BLK pistol version is just calling my name.

I know this rifle is different from AR-15s (no buffer tube, etc). Just wanting to hear how MCX owners like this rifle.

Thanks, INGO.

MikeyB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    I enjoy mine quite a bit. It's fairly lightweight, accurate and a smooth shooter. I shoot mine suppressed most of the time and so far no issues that I can remember. The trigger sucks, but now that Geissele has an MCX specific trigger I might have to upgrade.

x72821

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2017
    Bloomington
    I have only shot an MCX once, but own its little brother the MPX SBR. Here are my thoughts on the upgraded version. First, it has M-LOK which outperformed Keymod in NAVSPECWARCON testing at Crain so that is a definite bonus if you think you will actually run it hard, but for most users I honestly think both are similar enough. Next, it comes with an improved folding stock with an adjustable folding stock vs the fixed length skeleton folder on the original. Conversley I own collapsable stock on my MPX and am not a huge fan of its practicality, despite its cool looks. Next, the new version was built on new post recall bolt carrier so it might have an improved reliability, but the one i shot was very reliable to begin with so its likely something very marginal in terms of true performance. Then they changed the trigger, but if you are like me, every stock trigger is replaced as soon as new funds are available so its a moot point in my opinion. Personally, if I found a smoking deal on a post recall Gen 1, I don't think the update is large enough to justify turning down a good gen 1 deal. Thats actually how I got my MPX, They had just released the gen 2, so I was able to pick up a gen 1 for a smoking deal.

Anyway, hope that helps make an informed decision. As a side note, if you go to sigs website, look up their academy store phone number and give them a call, they will actually talk to you about their guns and help you out. I have ordered direct from them a few times and always found their service helpful. Just don't expect them to have replacement parts readily available. Been waiting years for MPX barrels.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I've had the opportunity to shoot an MCX, and enjoyed it. Me personally, I would be interested in the updated Vurtis version. MLOK is a great feature for accessories, however, keymod is just as capable for most of us. I do like the cerakote finish and upgraded trigger in the "Gen 3". And as long as it's similar in price, that's the one I would pick up. Or you could always pick up a Gen 2, swap the trigger with a new Geiselle MCX trigger and change the rail to a Lancer.

Top Bottom