• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Back was feeling half decent today and it was too damn hot to do anything outside so I decided to do a little straightening up and reorganizing in the gun room. Had some gun boxes leaning in the corner and was moving them to the closet to get them out of the way. One felt a little heavy, I was :scratch: so I opened it. Brand new CZ 513 22lr. I have no idea when or where I bought it. Told The Boss I found a rifle, her response was :xmad: "If you are losing guns then you need to quit buying them, or even get rid of a few so you can keep track of them better. Oh, BTW, let me look at it, I may want it. I least I won't lose it." Well, looks like The Boss now has a new 22.:facepalm:

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    That has happened to me with handguns. except the wife is the one that finds them. I have ran out of room in the safe so I stash them in cabinets and closet shelves.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Happened to me with a nice Kimber 45.

Worked a real good deal, met the seller and found it to be virtually new. Wife said "That is nice!". She put it in her purse.

I get to clean it and reload for it.

Don

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Yeah, back when Mosin's were going for about $90 ea, I usually bought one or two when I went to a gun show. I came home one day and while showing the better half what I had, I showed her the date's of manufacture. One happened to be in 1942, she exclaimed that's my birth year ~ so now that's her rifle. She liked a little derringer so I bought another one for her so I could keep mine. Well, guess its ok, at least she never says much about me collecting firearms. Since January, I bought parts to finish assembling one AR, purchased a Browning AR shotgun and almost all the parts for a second AR, then purchased a Armalite 50BMg & accessories (This one is technically for my son).

She did want a Beretta like the one her father had brought back from Italy, when she mentioned it, I was lucky enough to find one at a pretty good price at the next gun show.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    This is why you just don't talk to the wife about gun stuff.

That was the mistake. Just be happy with the find and don't say anything.

Yeah, I should have kept quiet. You know what they say about hindsight. Actually I'm kind of happy she likes it, I tried for years to get her interested in shooting and now that she came around we have a lot of fun going out in the yard and burning powder together. Maybe if I'm nice she'll let me shoot it!:):

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I know how it is John. All of us mess up from time to time. I read a post one time where some guy suggested taking pictures of each gun including the serial number, in case of theft or something and having an inventory. I thought, well that makes sense. So I started pulling them all out. The wife just had to take a look... pfft. I got the "don't you have enough now".... she got over it, but I could sense a little tension for a month or so.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I know how it is John. All of us mess up from time to time. I read a post one time where some guy suggested taking pictures of each gun including the serial number, in case of theft or something and having an inventory. I thought, well that makes sense. So I started pulling them all out. The wife just had to take a look... pfft. I got the "don't you have enough now".... she got over it, but I could sense a little tension for a month or so.

You never pull out all the Betty's at once in front of the wife.

I wait for the semi-annual scrap book weekend that Mrs Glue attends to empty the safes and reorganize.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I love these stories. It makes me feel normal. I have a handgun and a rifle my wife doesn't know about yet.

I might someday tell her about them, maybe.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a gun safe that was empty to my knowledge. We had thinned the herd way down when I pulled the trigger and retired (:laugh6:) so everything fit in one safe.
    It sat in the back of a closet for a few years. A buddy wanted it so we struck a deal and girded our loins to move it. When I opened it just to check there was an AK. Never knew I had lost it. Buddy thought that was a bonus as he had paid for the safe.....:):

Redleg11b

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2017
    Goshen/Elkhart
    Well, it is better than having to evict it. I wish my wife were more into shooting. I am blessed that despite her lack of interest, she is still willing to spend time at the range with me and is curious enough to watch me reload as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am really blessed in that my spouse has no worry's what I have or want. Those of you that know her understand.
    I take care of everything before I feed my hobby/passion. When I sell a piece she gets a cut. When I buy a piece she gets a cut. When I work on one she gets a cut.
    It is a steady revenue stream for her and she smiles all the time. I brought in a Ruger 22/45 I picked up from a friend and she thought it was cute. Guess I will get my Shadow back now. Yes, she got her cut and the pistol.....:)

You guys are doing it all wrong.....:):

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Back was feeling half decent today and it was too damn hot to do anything outside so I decided to do a little straightening up and reorganizing in the gun room. Had some gun boxes leaning in the corner and was moving them to the closet to get them out of the way. One felt a little heavy, I was :scratch: so I opened it. Brand new CZ 513 22lr. I have no idea when or where I bought it. Told The Boss I found a rifle, her response was :xmad: "If you are losing guns then you need to quit buying them, or even get rid of a few so you can keep track of them better. Oh, BTW, let me look at it, I may want it. I least I won't lose it." Well, looks like The Boss now has a new 22.:facepalm:

Don't you remember? I sent you that brand New CZ to mount that scope on for me...i was beginni g to wonder if i would ever get it back. Man, I hope your wife didn't scratch up my gun!
    Lol...

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I don't have this issue. My wife's hobby is sewing, she has sewing machines boxed up in the basement. So the lesson for me is since I never "found" a boxed up gun I need to buy more guns.

Top Bottom