So who wants to see if they can identify this long gun??????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    600px-Assassin-Ch1766-T.jpg

600px-Trappers-Ch1766-T.jpg

If no one gets it I will post a better pic....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, given some reliability issues with that level of technology, it is neat how they adapted in a way that provides an authentic-looking "blank."

Its amazing what they can do with CGI these days....

(How's that for misdirection?) :D

(Or... IS it misdirection?) ;)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The late 1960's changed everything....Once Pederesoli, Pietta, and Uberti got in the game it became easier for Hollywood to make films more accurate regarding the firearms...In Major Dundee Charlton Heston carried his original Colt Mason's conversion because he knew the story was based in 1865 and he did not feel right carrying an 1873 Colt..Plus as you said it's easier to hand out blanks than load up black powder each time...In every film/documentary I have been a part of you get a $50 powder allowance if they are going to require you to fire your musket/rifle...Even for one shot...

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    When I was a youngster and HUGE Daniel Boone fan. We went to an amphitheater near Boonesboro, Ky and saw a reenactment of Boone's life. When the Shawnee attacked the fort, my Dad always swore he saw the defenders in the fort breech loading their "Kentucky Rifles". Your pictures could explain what he saw.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    ..In every film/documentary I have been a part of you get a $50 powder allowance if they are going to require you to fire your musket/rifle...Even for one shot...

For real.. I am assuming there were not real bullets being used??? was this just for smoke and noise????

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Maybe it's because I got such a kick out of the movie "The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean," but I'd love to know exactly what type of rifle Paul Newman (playing the lead role) used to kill "Bad Bob" (played by Stacey Keach) by shooting him in the back while lying in the haymow of a barn.
    It had one of the old full length brass tube scopes, but the rifle itself looked really odd, so much so that I have to suspect that it was some mocked up Frankenstein affair.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom