• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    But Ruger has SO MUCH experience in dealing with recalls it's almost not funny anymore. I can't think of a single new model in recent years that Ruger hasn't recalled.

Sadly this seems so true of many companies lately...
    just feeling rushed to get things to market, I assume

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    But Ruger has SO MUCH experience in dealing with recalls it's almost not funny anymore. I can't think of a single new model in recent years that Ruger hasn't recalled.

That at was my initial thought. However when a company is reluctant or incapable of addressing issues I think that actually is worse in so many ways. Of course I can't speak from experience if the safety issues with Rugers guns have caused any actual harm or not.

Last edited:

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Ruger has certainly had their problems, but their customer service is outstanding (that's a two-edged sword though, cause it would be nice to not have to use it in the first place).
    ... and they don't seem to drag their feet when an issue arises

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    In Rugers ~ and most other companies manufacturing today ~ defense, many products that have a VERY LOW rate of failure without any safety issues are recalled today due to the media and ease of communication over the internet today. When many products made 50 years ago were found to have low numbers of defects it was ignored, and no one ever heard about the defect. Unless the defect was readily apparent within the first year of ownership the manufacturer was rarely contacted. When a firearm failed to function properly most people would take it to a Gunsmith and have it repaired. Today many if not most owners complain on the internet and it becomes a big issue resulting in a recall.

bcd007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010

Ruger American
    SR1911
    New Vaquro
    SR40
    SP101 (latest)
    LC9
    LC9s
    LCR

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ruger American
    SR1911
    New Vaquro
    SR40
    SP101 (latest)
    LC9
    LC9s
    LCR

You forgot the Mark IV pistols. I still have enough faith that i just bought a Mark IV 22/45 lite today. Bought at Cabelas brand new, already had recall performed. Hit the range after dinner and ran 200 rounds thru. Flawless and accurate. 1-2" groups between me and my wife and 7 year old daughter was about a 3" group at 10 yards. I would definitely buy another at this point.

bcd007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    I think Ruger's done a great job with letting people know about issues. Have you tried calling Remington about the trigger issues in their 700 series of rifles? You get transferred to some secret group that directs you where to send the rifle for "inspection". They won't even talk about trigger safety issues. But when you send in your older 700, they replace the entire trigger assembly but never say why.

Good job Ruger...

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've got to call Ruger in the morning. I have to send a rifle in for parts replacement.
    Ruger does have great service and parts departments. I love them.
    Yes, I've had a few problems with new guns and issues with stuff wearing out prematurely but I do shoot a lot more than a large percentage of people.
    IF guns are designed and manufactured for a specific round count then I'm sure I'm on the outside of the projected numbers.

Top Bottom