Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ruger precision rifle recall

SIG (cough, P320, cough) could take a lesson from Ruger on how to handle such things.
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

Quote Originally Posted by cosermann View Post
    SIG (cough, P320, cough) could take a lesson from Ruger on how to handle such things.
    But Ruger has SO MUCH experience in dealing with recalls it's almost not funny anymore. I can't think of a single new model in recent years that Ruger hasn't recalled.

The smelly thing here is that seems obvious that SIG knows better (example - SIG MCX mandatory recall and replacement in Dec. 2016) and decided to do nothing until now (a YEAR after this was known).

They're selling firearms, not washing machines [1].

[1] - pistol-training.com Blog Archive Integrity
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

Quote Originally Posted by kawtech87 View Post
    But Ruger has SO MUCH experience in dealing with recalls it's almost not funny anymore. I can't think of a single new model in recent years that Ruger hasn't recalled.
    Sadly this seems so true of many companies lately...
    just feeling rushed to get things to market, I assume
    "Stay classy, San Diego"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kawtech87 View Post

That at was my initial thought. However when a company is reluctant or incapable of addressing issues I think that actually is worse in so many ways. Of course I can't speak from experience if the safety issues with Rugers guns have caused any actual harm or not.
    Last edited by Dddrees; 08-10-2017 at 13:10.

Ruger has certainly had their problems, but their customer service is outstanding (that's a two-edged sword though, cause it would be nice to not have to use it in the first place).
    ... and they don't seem to drag their feet when an issue arises
    "Stay classy, San Diego"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by throttletony View Post
    Actually at least for some companies the costs of doing things this way actually make sense. Or at least that's the way they see it.

Quote Originally Posted by throttletony View Post
    This is why I'm never first in line to get the "latest and greatest" anymore. Learned my lesson and now wait at least a year to see if any issues pop up.

Expert
    In Rugers ~ and most other companies manufacturing today ~ defense, many products that have a VERY LOW rate of failure without any safety issues are recalled today due to the media and ease of communication over the internet today. When many products made 50 years ago were found to have low numbers of defects it was ignored, and no one ever heard about the defect. Unless the defect was readily apparent within the first year of ownership the manufacturer was rarely contacted. When a firearm failed to function properly most people would take it to a Gunsmith and have it repaired. Today many if not most owners complain on the internet and it becomes a big issue resulting in a recall.

Life member NRA - FFL -03 (Collector) life LTCH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast