• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My wife just got her rifle last month. A brand new Savage MKII (non Acu-trigger) in 22lr. After she had shot it for the first range session, I asked her how she liked it. She said the trigger felt wierd. This is only about the 3rd gun she's ever shot. (Her total round cound before this range trip was about 5) I asked her what she meant and she said she felt that she couldn't get her finger down far enough on the trigger. At first,I kinda brushed it off as just getting used to shooting in general. I had shot it at the range too and yeah, the trigger was crappy but it was brand new.

I pulled out my older (I have no idea how old) pawn shop MKII sans Acu-trigger and took a gander. She was right. Hers was different.

Hers is the wood stock. Mine is the rattle canned silver.

mjWSFVQ.jpg

I let her try mine. She liked it a lot better. For research sake, I tried switching the bolt. Mine fit in hers but it was about 1/4" too short.

So when did the models change? Can I upgrade her trigger?

She is not opposed to selling her MKII and buying something that she likes. Would that be a better solution?

This will be purely a plinker. I think she wants to stick to a bolt action but she likes my 10/22 w/ a Star-tec stock and a BX trigger.

I guess we will cross that road when we come to it if there is no solution for her trigger.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Thanks. The trigger on mine, the silver one, is fine. I'm not sure the top part in the top link will fix the "feel" issue my wife is having. We will head to the LGS and have her try some other models.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    CZ 22lr and replace the spring with ace hardware 50 cent spring and you'll have a great trigger. I have both a Savage with Accu-trigger and CZ 452 with the Ace Spring Mod, the CZ by far is a better trigger.

Top Bottom