Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Ruger American .22LR.
    Round count less than 700.
    Condition near new/excellent

I had to send my rifle back to Ruger.
    I shot Friday and I hadn't cleaned the rifle in a few months so I pulled it down.
    When I took the screws holding the action to the stock out something hit my left foot.
    It was part of the trigger housing assembly. Specifically the tang safety rail which is molded into the pot metal housing for the trigger assembly.
    I just got off the phone with Ruger and it will be repaired free of charge, they're sending UPS out tomorrow with the prepaid shipping label. All I had to do was put it in the box like I bought it and they're repairing it and paying shipping. NO charges to me at all.
    Turn around time door to door estimated to be 7-10 working days.
    As usual very professional, polite to the point of almost apologetic for my issues.
    I give them a 10 out of a possible 10 in service and parts.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    This time my call went a little different.
    I was cheerfully greeted and asked what firearm service was for. I told them the American Rimfire.
    They transferred my call to N.Carolina. Well, being a southern boy that friendly lady with the gorgeous accent just made me so homesick I could barely stand it.
    Is it weird to enjoy a service call you have to make on a broken rifle? I enjoyed my call.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I got my Ruger back in one week from the time I called them until it was back at my door.
    I waited until I got it out and shot it out before posting about the service.
    As S.O.P. Ruger sent me out a bunch of goodies and a service sheet explaining what work was done.
    Big THUMBS UP to Ruger for great service.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I called ruger last week to inquire about a scout rifle butt pad to use on my 77/357. Also a new rear sight for the 77/357. Both items were shipped at no charge and arrived last Friday. I would have been more than happy to pay for the items, but was told no problem, free.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    It is the quality service that keeps me buying Ruger products.
    I have had a couple of issues with a few guns and Service/Parts has been on top of things immediately

I guess some would say:"well, if you have to use their cust srvc, then their qc is bad." Which was not the case for me.
    After some wear and tear on a gp100, i asked if they could tighten some play in the yoke to frame fit (gun wa still 100% safe and reliable and functional). This is an odd factory fitted part (a spring, pressed and retained in frame, not user-removable/adjustable).

When they said they couldn't easily get it how i wanted it, they gave me - swapped - a new gun.
    They covered shipping both ways, and looked at it with 72 hrs of receiving it.
    I paid ffl tranfer fee since we swapped serial numbers.

Top Bottom