• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SotallyTober

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2017
    Flora
    New guy here! Take it easy on me, I'm looking into getting a new .22 for squirrel hunting. I currently own a couple Marlins and Savages, love them but I'm just wanting something different. I've been looking into the CZ 455 American and also the 452's but they seem to be hard to find so that's what has lead me to the 455. I'm also going to be adding a suppressor, everything I've heard about the 455 with a suppressor on it has been good. Any information you guys can throw at me is much appreciated. Even if you have a different brand, let me know what you like about it. Thanks!

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I cant speak for a suppressor, but the CZ is the best shooting .22 I have ever owned. I picked up a 452 a few years back and have enjoyed it ever since. Whittaker Guns used to have special orders directly from CZ, so you might check there if you are interested.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Yeah, love my 452. You will not regret getting either one. "Just do it." To shoot it is to love it, I shot my friend's a few years ago and had to have one immediately. They are accurate, and I really like the action design. The only similar gun that comes close to enjoyment in ownership is my Ruger 77/22 Magnum, and in dollar terms, I paid the same for that in the 1990s that the CZs cost now (today, the Ruger is beaucoup expensive). The CZs have a lot of nice little touches of fine craftsmanship in them. And it is easy to just drop single rounds on top of the magazine follower, and run them into the chamber, if you don't want to load up mags.

I think someday the CZs could be the expensive, go-to rifles. Recommend getting yours now.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That user name reminds me of a wild child from back when I was in school who had a button on her denim jacket declaring: "I'm not as think as you drunk I am!"

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My CZ 452 is the most accurate .22 I ever had. A very nice well built rifle at a fair price point.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The 452 is disconitnued so walking into a store and finding one might be difficult. They're still doing them in left hand at the moment and they have a Grand Finale model that is limited to 1000 pieces. There is also a distributor exclusive that's some type of target, I forget the exact designation. It's like an Ultra Lux but they're calling it something else.

If you want to add a can, there is the 455 Scout, the 455 American Suppressor Ready (composite stock), Tacticool, and Precision Trainer.

I love CZ rifles, my 452 is a blast to shoot open sight, my 17HMR American has been a very easy accurate rifle. My Tacticool and Precision Trainer were picky on ammo but made good project guns.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Last year I bought the CZ 455 Tacticool and it has been a great shooting gun. There are some aftermarket parts for it and I was able to easily able to free float the barrel. For the price it has great accuracy but mine isn't quite the tack driver I've seen some people claim to achieve with theirs. I would however still recommend it.

For squirrel hunting I wouldn't recommend the tacticool model because it is heavy.

As for other brands, I know Savage and Ruger both have threaded 22's that should shoot well.

If you get a Ruger 10/22, take a look at Tactical Solutions SB-X barrels. You can mount your suppressor and not increase the overall length of the gun. (Link x-ring-series)

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I bought a 455 American a few years ago when they were very new. I was looking for a threaded 452, when I just happened to be in Whittakers when they got in a literal truck load of 455s, and had them on a stupid cheap special so I bought one. I pulled the barrel (very easy to do on a 455 since it is designed to shoot multiple calibers with a barrel and mag well swap) and had it cut to about 16.5" and threaded 1/2x28. GREAT suppressor host! and super accurate! My favorite .22 bolt gun for sure!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    CZ for the money is hard to beat. My preference would be to haunt gunbroker and Whittaker's website and find a 452 or 453 (single set trigger model). You may pay a little more, but it's worth it in my book. I like the American or the varmint models.
    Rimfire Central's CZ forum is a wealth of information if a feller had questions.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I wouldn't hesitate to go with a 455. You can get them threaded from CZ. Talk to a local gun shop. I know mine can order them in no problem. I'm sure it won't be too hard to get one!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    CZ addict here. I have one of the original threaded 16" 452 Americans, a left hand standard 452 American, left hand 452 Lux, and a 452 Varmint. Target below is 3 shots at 50 yards with the Varmint.

Top Bottom