• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I been looking for a variable optic for my AR for a while, I like to buy quality but at the same time don't have a big budget. I research and looked through a few scopes in the 1-4 family and a couple years ago purchased a Vortex PST 1-4, while a grat optic I didn't like the reticle as lines were thin IMO and the illumination wasn't daylight visible. I'm not an operator or use the scope for work but still wanted certain features. Through some research and patience I was able to purchase a Steiner P4xi and mount, I just installed it and took it to the range for the first time and this scope is a steal and the price a got it for. I can use the reticle for fast close in work and I was picking targets at a 100 yds no problem. The glass is very clear and at 1x is as true 1x as I can ask for, the illumination was great as I had plenty of setting left even during a bright summer day and the single dot drew my attention to the center without slowing me down. The only complaint I have is the illumination settings are mushy but other than that the scope is great at the price point.

Last edited:

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    View attachment 58481
    attachment.php

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    This model Steiner is a really good buy for sure at the upper $500s they typically go for. I've never seen one myself but after spending hours and hours researching optics for my AR, this was ultimately was became the best choice in a 1-4 IMO. I love the reticle.

Ultimately, I decided to go a different direction with my AR and went to a higher power optic.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Steiner makes great optics. What do you mean by the settings are mushy? The physical clicks on the illuminations turret?

Yes the illumination knob doesn't have a distinctive click on each setting, in the end it doesn't change the performance of the optic in my opinion is a minor thing.

Top Bottom