• ...and so much more!
  • YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    PSU 1-4

So a while back I messed around a bit with an ELCAN sight and I really liked the 1/4x style sight with the horseshoe and BDC reticle and the ability to switch between magnification without eye relief changes. But I really hate the $2k+ pricetag. Also I have astigmatism and cant use red-dots so this type of optic is very appealing to me.

Anyone use or one of these scopes? They go for $600 so are they durable? Work well?

Anything to think about if I mount this on a RS regulate mount on a AK-74 or on a 20" A4 style AR I should think about?

Also do they make these zeroed for 5.45 or 55 grain 556 ammo as whatever rifle I would run this optic with probably would be running that type of ammunition.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    PSU 1-4

So a while back I messed around a bit with an ELCAN sight and I really liked the 1/4x style sight with the horseshoe and BDC reticle and the ability to switch between magnification without eye relief changes. But I really hate the $2k+ pricetag. Also I have astigmatism and cant use red-dots so this type of optic is very appealing to me.

Anyone use or one of these scopes? They go for $600 so are they durable? Work well?

Anything to think about if I mount this on a RS regulate mount on a AK-74 or on a 20" A4 style AR I should think about?

Also do they make these zeroed for 5.45 or 55 grain 556 ammo as whatever rifle I would run this optic with probably would be running that type of ammunition.

Check out the trijicon scopes. I have been very impressed. Accupoint and acupower

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    What advantage would this have over something like a PST 1-4 at 1/2 the price?

PST is variable zoom. This either 1x or 4x, presumably (if it's like the Elcan Spectre DS) with a simple flip switch. As OP stated, you don't need to adjust your eye relief. Nor would you spend time adjusting the zoom. For whatever that's worth on a 1-4.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    PST is variable zoom. This either 1x or 4x, presumably (if it's like the Elcan Spectre DS) with a simple flip switch. As OP stated, you don't need to adjust your eye relief. Nor would you spend time adjusting the zoom. For whatever that's worth on a 1-4.

Is it faster to flip back and forth with a 1x or 4x, than to zoom from 1-4? I guess Ive never timed myself, but I cant imagine it takes me a whole 1/4 second to go from 1x to 4x on variable scope.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

With a switch lever to help a bit, adjusting a 1-4 is very fast. I can't see anything else being faster unless you just have to press a button. Regarding eye relief, I've never really noticed any difference in either of my 1-4 or 1.5-5 optics when switching magnifications. If there is an eye relief difference, it must be so minute that it's a non-issue for me.

Top Bottom