• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Here is my summary, filled with great insight and thoughtful conclusion about my recently acquired Keltic RFB carbine. RifleForward(ejecting)Bullpup is totally ambidextrous in design and generally a success in that regard. It is in 7.62x51 nato chambering, so quite a bit of bang for your bullpup dollar. My major beef with this weapon is that the charging handle, which is interchangeable righty or lefty leaves your knuckles in grave danger of being abused if you mount almost any scope setup. I have mounted a Vortex Strikefire with a 3x magnifier and so long as I remember to grip the charging handle from under all is fine. Actually this setup is very versatile and the 3x magnifier can flip aside to go close quarters. All in all I really like the flexible rig. The only negative for me is this particular scope has a dot reticle that is as big as the moon and I would prefer something smaller.

37010489891_989c0cb204_b.jpg
    37010490461_e0d2edc278_b.jpg

37010490921_635596b52a_b.jpg

37010491271_d3b7522c7c_b.jpg

As for the weapon itself the only problem that I had with it involved the OAL of my handloads. The OAL of my rounds functioned well in my M1A and M40 bolt rifle. I had to get my OAL from 2.805" to about 2.775” but when I did the rifle has been 100%. This target is at 100 yards and I think that with a better scope (smaller or adjustable reticle dot) the weapon would group much better. It doesn’t recoil harshly and the trigger is pretty controllable with some take-up but predictable break.

37010491601_cfbd504006_b.jpg

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Glad to hear I'm not the only goofball with one of these. Pretty darn crisp trigger for a bullpup, albeit on the heavy side. Took a bit to dial in the gas the first time out but it's nice you CAN dial it in. Haven't tested accuracy well yet but with my bad eyes and some noname flip-up sights I rung smallish steel at 100yds.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive been asked to review one of the RFBs for my channel a number of times, but never can get myself to take the plunge. Looks like you got a nice one though and appears to be pretty accurate also...

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    It doesn't feel as heavy as it is. Must be the weight distribution. Recoil most like an AR. Like the safety, not so much the mag release. Bolt release takes some getting used to.

Using the large optional charging handle helps with clearance.

Easier to change over right to left than a Tavor X95.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    What have you been using for magazines? When I picked up my RFB about a year ago it came with an FAL Thermold so I stocked up on those, but since I'm a FAL guy I have hundreds of steel and alloy milsurps as well. Still haven't been to the range with it so curious to hear what you've found.

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    I've been curious about these for a while now but it seems they have an ongoing issue with ejection and accuracy is sub par. I have several thousand rounds of .308 but no rifle chambered in the caliber so I'm always in the market. I would have been sold on the DPMS G2 bit with the changes, parts commonality and the aftermarket would be limited. Another issue I've taken on the RFB. I may just opt for a PTR-91 since I have several hundred magazines, but that's a big hoss and roller wear...

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I've never had and ejection issue, and the accuracy is about what you'd expect from the barrel length.
    Also haveing FALs, I just use my milsurp FAL mags and use only 28 (in 30 rounders) and 19 (in 20 rounders) to avoid occasional feed problems. I'm still breaking them in so I expect occasional mild surprises.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Ive been asked to review one of the RFBs for my channel a number of times, but never can get myself to take the plunge. Looks like you got a nice one though and appears to be pretty accurate also...

If you can make it to the open shoot this weekend, I'll have it up there. I'm open to setting something up some other time too.

Top Bottom