Poll: Trijicon or Vortex?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sharpshooter

DD M4V9 with scope

So after hearing some of the comments. Lets say I go with a 3x9 or a 4x16. Looks like I am going to be dropping around grand on the scope. I like the idea of a laminated reticle, yes I know I have no need for it but... So between the two choices in the poll, which would be better. I like the VIP with Vortex but is there a really difference or is this coke vs pepsi

So I have a DDm4V9 and I would like to set this up for 100 to 200 yard target range. That is the longest within driving distance. I work for Chrysler and they have a website that I can spend ( Points ) on. So basically kind of sort of free. Anyhow they have a couple scope choices and while I was really wanting a Vortex, they do not offer it. They do offer the Bushnell Elite and some Zeiss scopes. My question is can I mount a variable 2.5x10x50 on my DD or will it not fit right with the 50mm objective? Its a real pain in the butt to send stuff back so I just wanted to get some thoughts before hitting buy.

Bushnell Elite 4500 2.5 - 10x50 Scope
    Bushnell Elite 3500 3-9x50 Scope
    Zeiss 4-12x42 Plex terra Riflescope
    Zeiss 3-9x42 Plex Terra Riflescope
    Bushnell AR Optics 4.5-18X40MM Rifle Scope
    Zeiss Terra 4-12x50 RZ8 Riflescope

Those are some of my choices. I prefer just clean crosshairs but I am open to whatever. I would like to have enough magnification to see the bullet holes at that
    distances if possible. I have a 3-9 on my 22cal and can see the holes at 50 yards so I thought I might need a bit more to see them at 100 or 200
    Last edited by chef1231; 09-13-2017 at 20:27.

You have a DD.....And you're wanting to put budget glass on it. Why

Zeiss Terra isn't real Zeiss

What's your budget? Are those all of your options? Or can you get anything from certain brands?
    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

Sharpshooter
    I do not have a budget. Although it would be ideal to stay under a grand. I get the above mentioned scopes for free though work. If they are all junk then I can just pay cash for something and use my work points for something else. I just do not know enough about scopes to know what is good and whats not. I was looking at the Vortex at like $600 which would be fine too. The scopes that I listed above are the only ones I can get though work, anything else would be cash and I am open to suggestions on that too.

Tired Of Winning
    What is the highest resale value on that list?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Look at Trijicon Accupoint or Accupowers

Buy the Zeiss Terra, sell it, and buy something worthy of sitting on a DD.

Sharpshooter
    Trijicon is an interesting way to go. This will be a target only rifle. I guess my question is will the triangle or illuminated dot be too big for hitting smaller paper targets at 100 and 200 yards?

Furthermore I guess regardless of the brand, what magnification should I go with?

Tired Of Winning
    Your welcome seedubs1!

WTS - Trijicon Accupower 1-4 MOA

Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Depends. If you want to target shoot at steel targets, reload your own ammo and try to shoot dime size groups on paper, etc... What else will you ever do with it? Hunt? Plink lollipops and golf balls? Ever run 3 gun or shoot for speed?

If all you're ever doing is trying to shoot small holes in paper and chase accuracy, go with higher magnification. If you're wanting to ring steel, shoot 3 gun, etc... maybe a 1-4 or 1-6 LPV. If you're wanting a good all around SPR type, I like a 2-8 or 2-10 ish variable.

Vortex and Trijicon are a good starting point. Lots of great options out there right now.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Your welcome seedubs1!

WTS - Trijicon Accupower 1-4 MOA

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast