• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I saw mention of the rifle and was curious if anyone has tried one out and has an opinion. From the reviews I read, people seem to put them up with the top tier ARs.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    A few months back I saw an ad and was looking into it, it looks like a high quality offering and well build. In my case I found that LWRC offers a similar rifle with a true ambi lower and cold hammer forged fluted barrel, ambi charging handle, etc for $600.00 to $700.00 less. So I pick up one and for the current price I don't think there is a better rifle off the shelf, you are welcome to test fire mine.

https://www.lwrci.com/p-839-lwrci-di.aspx

Last edited:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I looked at them 2 years ago at the NRA Convention in Louisville. Really nice quality as you'd expect.

I think I also saw them in a local shop not too long ago. I believe it was at M&J in Fortville if I recall correctly but don't hold me to it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    ZX had a used one in stock at what seemed like a decent price, so I went ahead and picked it up today.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    ZX had a used one in stock at what seemed like a decent price, so I went ahead and picked it up today.

I'm jelly... I have seriously debated selling off my 5.56 and a pistol or two to pick one up. Grope factor I held the rc7, ddm4, and an lwrc at the same shop and I wanted to walk out with the barrett. All were very nice, had the rec7 been there the next day it would be in my safe now.

GreyState

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2017
    Ft Wayne
    Wrigley's (FtW) has one right now -16". I checked it out yesterday, but went home with a different gun.

The Rec7 DI is spec'd great for the money...just wasn't what I was looking for, in regards to philosophy of use / role.

Highlights of the Rec7 DI:

- Stainless match barrel
    - Bravo Ambi Charging Handle
    - NiB BCG
    - ALG Defense ACT Trigger (also in NiB/Teflon)

It felt great in the hands, relatively light, well balanced, clean a narrow profile with lot's of keymod possibility...and it's a Barrett. The only knock I had on it, is that it felt like it sat between a SPR (match barrel and mid length gas) and a carbine / CQB rig (16" barrel + MilSpec Trigger)...kind of a "Jack of All Trades" with some upgrades...almost like someone who bought an off the shelf AR, and was in the process of figuring out what they wanted the rifle to be and was doing "safe upgrades"...If that makes sense. It also had what looked like a proprietary gas block setup. I would have liked to see it with an 18" barrel, and you could easily take it into a SPR or competition direction.

I would have loved to grabbed this gun and give it a test drive.

Anyways, I was looking for something to fill a specific role and they had what I wanted.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I handled one at a local shop. Heck of a lot of monet felt guilty and put it back. Can't stop thinking about it and went back with two other AR'S I want to trade. It was gone and seem to be hard to get. I came home with my guns and stuck them back in the safe. O well another day I guess.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    7YpjYfN.jpg

2yvtKCe.jpg

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Man, those are definitely in DD price territory and approaching KAC territory.

And for that price, I'd expect a better trigger and stock.....

Hell, I can get a Larue right now for $900 + a lower receiver. And that comes with an MBT trigger.....

My home builds are nicer, have Geissele or ELF triggers, and are about $500 cheaper.

I think the Barrett AR's are not so popular because they dove right into the upper tier rifle category and people buying in that category normally want a proven rifle that's been known to be good for a long time.....like DD or KAC.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Hell, I can get a Larue right now for $900 + a lower receiver. And that comes with an MBT trigger.....
    I bought this for under a grand.

GreyState

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2017
    Ft Wayne

My home builds are nicer, have Geissele or ELF triggers, and are about $500 cheaper.

I think the Barrett AR's are not so popular because they dove right into the upper tier rifle category and people buying in that category normally want a proven rifle that's been known to be good for a long time.....like DD or KAC.

This.

Walked out with another DD. I know they work. Well.

Top Bottom