• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Elmore's usually always has 8126N Hornady TAP in stock, if you wanna pay their premium ($27ish per 20 last I saw). I'm a big proponent of buy local at a local gun store, but the interwebz is your friend when it comes to boolits.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Elmore's usually always has 8126N Hornady TAP in stock, if you wanna pay their premium ($27ish per 20 last I saw). I'm a big proponent of buy local at a local gun store, but the interwebz is your friend when it comes to boolits.

EDIT Trying not to say bad things today.

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Yep, Acme or Bite the Bullett in seymour, Madison Outdoors here in Madison, Cabela's has had the best selection IMO local wise but it's Cincy or Lousiville for that. :( Dale at 256 Sports garden outside Austin had some 69 grain last time I was there a few months ago.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I regularly hit up Dunhams with my 10% off ammo coupons. They are hit and miss but will generally have a box or two of heavier than 55gr ammo.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    Dunham in Columbus gives a 10% military discount. I haven't bought ammo or guns there, but for all the clothing and sports equipment I've bought there, they have.
    I'll try buying ammo there this week and find out.
    Thanks.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Dunham in Columbus gives a 10% military discount. I haven't bought ammo or guns there, but for all the clothing and sports equipment I've bought there, they have.
    I'll try buying ammo there this week and find out.
    Thanks.

You have to join their rewards club and with each purchase they print out a 10% 1 box of ammo (buy bulk) and a 20% off merch. the coupons don't take effect for a few days. I do not know if they will honor a military discount on ammo or firearms, they are both regularly excluded in the fine print. I did get to use a 30% off email coupon on an eotech 512 tho.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Sgammo.com Sam is the best and it comes right to your door ( or your work address if you are hiding it from the wife );)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    If you're wanting to find out what your rifle likes prior to ordering online, I could sell you a couple of boxes of Australian Outback 69gr SMK for $12 a box...20 Round Box - 223 ADI OutBack 69 Grain BTHP SIERRA MATCH-KING Ammo - AOB223SMK | SGAmmo.com

Groups sub 1MOA from any of my rifles capable of tight groups.

I'm in Columbus.

I'll take as much of this as you'll spare. This stuff is not being imported right now. I got an email from their sales rep last week. He blamed most of it on the Cabela's merger.

I ordered some Gorilla to test. I don't have it yet. Velocity appears to be very close. Same 69 gr SMK bullet.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I'll take as much of this as you'll spare. ....

I ordered some Gorilla to test. I don't have it yet....

Sorry, this was a one time offer to a local shooter...I'm hoarding the ~1000 rds I have.:)

Please let us know how the Gorilla does.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Beech Grove Firearms can get you Black Hills Ammo. I picked up 1000 rounds of 77 gr Sierra OTM last month. It's what I took on my hog hunting trip.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    ACME has 75gr TAP at a reasonable price. I was there yesterday. Last week I bought a box of Winchester Match 69SMK there ($25 for 20, ouch). It was necessary to see what my DDM4 could do.

If you are only looking at heavier loads because of accuracy, then I'd say you can stick with 55gr. My DD will hold 2 MOA with GECO 55gr from Rural King. And that's 5.56 pressures. Dropping down to .223 it's supposedly more accurate. 55gr need not be inaccurate just because it's coming from a 1:7 twist.

Top Bottom