• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cow35f

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Mulberry, IN
    I have a friend that wants to shoot a new shotgun but doesn't know where to go. East side of Indy . I candn just shoot at home as I live on a small farm but I am too far away for him to travel

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    He could go to Point Blank indoor range either Carmel or Greenwood. They allow shotguns but only if you're shooting slugs. I was going to say look at Indy Arms on the East side but their web site says they generally don't allow shotguns. I've taken shotguns to the Greenwood location sometime just to do function checks.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    If he just wants to shoot the gun just to see how a shotgun shoots, I would think anywhere around the 30th/College Street areas would be fine. I'm sure he wouldn't be the only one doing it.

heeringa

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Five Points Conservation Club, at 4444 S. Five Points Road, is open to the public on Thursday evenings, from 5:30 to 9 pm. If you just want shoot a pattern board, that's fine and we can accommodate that pretty easily, just bring your own cardboard. We run several practice rounds, a couple meat shoots and a few games at the very end of the night, but we must cease all fire by 9 pm. There are a few members who have completed the NRA shotgun coach training, and every member is very aware of safety protocols.

Bring your gun, some ammo (7.5 shot or smaller), some ear and eye protection, and you'll have a good time. Target fees are $5 per 25 targets. 10 bird meat shoots are also $5. Games are $2-$5, depending on what we're doing. Just come up to the side of the clubhouse and we'll have you shooting in no time.

Top Bottom