HiPoint Carbine in...........10mm is coming!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If they're in the $300 price range like the other carbines, I'd probably be tempted! Have had the 45 and still have 1 in 9mm. They're fun to shoot in my opinion.

saynation

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2014
    South Bend, IN
    I won't lie, I'm curious as anyone else to see if they can make it work. If it does work then sweet, if not I hope whoever shoots it wears really good eyepro.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I won't lie, I'm curious as anyone else to see if they can make it work. If it does work then sweet, if not I hope whoever shoots it wears really good eyepro.
    Curious as to why you think it wont work? Ive owned several thru the years and still have 1 in 9mm. Eats everything i put through it, and they all have, as long as you use original mags and not promag crap. I know several other people, including INGOers who can attest to that. I wouldnt hesitate to give the 10mm a try

Last edited by a moderator:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I won't lie, I'm curious as anyone else to see if they can make it work. If it does work then sweet, if not I hope whoever shoots it wears really good eyepro.[/QUOTseve
    Curious as to why you think it wont work? Ive owned several thru the years and still have 1 in 9mm. Eats everything i put through it, and they all have, as long as you use original mags and not promag crap. I know several other people, including INGOers who can attest to that. I wouldnt hesitate to give the 10mm a try

I've seen this type of comment several times on INGO regarding inexpensive firearms. Don't know if its a "snob" attitude to the cheaper firearms or just a response due to the fact the poster believes they have the "best" brand, be it Kimber, Colt, Winchester, Remington (insert) any of the more expensive firearms!

However, I have Colt, Kimber, Remington, Winchester Armalite, and other fairly expensive (too me) firearms and low cost firearms like Cobra, Davis, Jennings, etc firearms. Granted the "cheaper" firearms do not have the fit and finish of the more expensive guns, but all of mine do go bang every time I pull the trigger. I have had far more problems with magazines than the gun, regardless of the price. I actually have heard of very few problems with the High Point firearms, and know several persons that own and shoot them. Granted they are block-like, and somewhat ugly to me (but IMHO so is a Glock). If a person can only afford a Hi-point, I would recommend them based on everything I have heard from actual users!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I won't lie, I'm curious as anyone else to see if they can make it work. If it does work then sweet, if not I hope whoever shoots it wears really good eyepro.[/QUOTseve
    Hahaha! Someone said crap in same paragraph as Hipoint, and WASN'T talking about Hipoint!!!!

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    If they're in the $300 price range like the other carbines, I'd probably be tempted!

^^^This^^^

It should be fine. It isn't exactly virgin territory. Mech Tech has had their carbine conversion unit available for several years in 10mm. It turns your Glock or 1911 pistol lower into a semi-auto carbine. By most accounts they work fine and their 10mm units haven't been blowing up or anything. I have one in 45acp and it works fine, not that I have a ton of rounds through it though.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Geez, do these guys not know what an "update in styling" is? An ATI stock is about the only thing that makes it look good

Top Bottom