• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    If you watch my channel, you know I picked up a Century C308. And because I can't help it, I had to take it apart and rebuild it closer to it's Spanish CETME roots. The best thing, CETME parts are really cheap. The vidoes on the process are being edited this week. I just need to find a CETME C sling buckle.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    If you watch my channel, you know I picked up a Century C308. And because I can't help it, I had to take it apart and rebuild it closer to it's Spanish CETME roots. The best thing, CETME parts are really cheap. The vidoes on the process are being edited this week. I just need to find a CETME C sling buckle.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Noice, I love the wood look, looks like you about ready to go slot some floppies.

I mean I am not a big fan of .308 but heck I might want to pick one up for $500

Its a shame we don't have those funk super long super high BC light 7.62 centme rounds, now that would really be something cool.
    7.62 CENTME.jpg

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    At least it had the bayonet lug bottle. Those are hard to get. And you didn't have to surgically remove the Century "Loudener" muzzle device. Personally, I like the cast stainless receivers better.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I bought one just because they were so damn cheap, & got my $50 rebate card yesterday.

Thinking of following Wabbit's lead on the conversion, best of both worlds Cetme but rocking the cheapest factory HK mags on the market.

There have been a ton of good deals on surplus, even brass cased, makes these worthwhile. I also have no problems shooting steel cased ammo out of a <$500 gun lol

I toyed around with picking up a PSL I saw on INGO but the surplus ammo is all corrosive if you can even find it & I hate bathing my guns after a fun day at the range.

Noice, I love the wood look, looks like you about ready to go slot some floppies.

I mean I am not a big fan of .308 but heck I might want to pick one up for $500

Its a shame we don't have those funk super long super high BC light 7.62 centme rounds, now that would really be something cool.
    View attachment 59346

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Yeah, these things launch brass. It's really hard to find it after shooting. If you do have a C308, these use PTRs newer barrels. They are threaded to 5/8" x 24 not M15x1.

ikendrick15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Evansville
    They are fun guns to shoot, but if you're a reloader you may as well forget about saving the brass because it destroys them when it ejects. Your conversion looks great too by the way, I like the original look.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    They are fun guns to shoot, but if you're a reloader you may as well forget about saving the brass because it destroys them when it ejects. Your conversion looks great too by the way, I like the original look.
    Not necessarily. I reload these all the time and never had a problem with the chamber scoring. Deep dents from the receiver are another matter. That's why my rifles have port buffers.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    I mean with this kind of rifle this seems like a .308 that will actually eat steel case.

Actually isnt m80 ball that is sent out in linked machine gun belts steel with a brass coating over it? That seems like ammo made like a match in heaven for a g3 style gun

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I mean with this kind of rifle this seems like a .308 that will actually eat steel case.

Actually isnt m80 ball that is sent out in linked machine gun belts steel with a brass coating over it? That seems like ammo made like a match in heaven for a g3 style gun
    Could be. No one I know reloads steel, but it is done. Rough on dies, however. And most of the steel I've seen is Berdan. Just not worth the effort.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Looks great!
    Removed my "loudener" with a saw and a chisel! Instant improvement. Learned a lot from my cetme. Wasn't really happy with Century at the time though.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Looks great! Removed my "loudener" with a saw and a chisel! Instant improvement. Learned a lot from my cetme. Wasn't really happy with Century at the time though.

I make reference to the older Century version of the rifle with the loudner in my videos coming out this weekend. The chevron muzzle device is so much easier to remove. Did you install a milsurp M15x1 CETME birdcage on your rifle afterwards?

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I put on the USA made clone from RTG.
    Mine was plagued with headspace or "bolt gap" issues. When I got mine I could barely pull the bolt back without smacking it with my hand. I went to town with some feeler gauges and swapped the rollers and was good to go. I think I suspected someone ground down the bolt face as well, so I picked up a new bcg. I kinda forget, but it needed some attention... Super cool rifles for the price IMO. I threw wood on it like you did. I'm a big fan of wood on my rifles if it's an option.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Picked one of these c308's up a few months ago, no issues with it what so ever, it will eat anything you run thru it even the indian 97, very accurate for a battle rifle also. Had a older cetme that was very problematic, but am really impressed with the c308 so far

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I bought a few cans of brass cased malaysian surplus 308, its berdan too unfortunately. Lots of that stuff floating around the internet!

I got a few cans of this too, specifically with my C308 in mind. Since I won't be reloading it (even though I have the Berdan primer removal tool), I don't care if the brass gets beat up.

Top Bottom