• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I just sent my daughter's American Ranch Rifle back to Ruger yesterday. It had decided to stop ejecting spent casings. Instead it just dropped them on top of the magazine. Hopefully she'll get it back before November as youth season was a bust for her.
    I really like that little rifle myself, and hope this is kind of just a fluke. Anyone else have an issue with one of these?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Did you inspect the ejector, extractor, and chamber before you sent it off?

It's a production gun, things can happen form the factory, but there's often easy fixes without sending it off

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Ruger will have it back to you in no time. You won't even miss it.
    Ruger's service is second to no one. Unfortunately, you might end up using it more than you like.
    I think they MIGHT be saving money on QC and depending on service to remedy their woes.
    I bought a new 10/22 a couple of years back with parts actually missing. (screws). Ruger takes care of EVERY issue I have with my Ruger Products. (3 times lately on different guns)

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sucks that you're having issues, but thankfully Ruger is known for great customer service. If you don't get it back in time, she can use my Ruger American, so long as you promise not to break it too!

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Did you inspect the ejector, extractor, and chamber before you sent it off?

It's a production gun, things can happen form the factory, but there's often easy fixes without sending it off

Yeah, no scratches on the cases from the chamber, extracter looks fine (I compaired it to a brand new one), everything looked fine to me but I'm not a smith by any means. I don't even play one on tv.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Sucks that you're having issues, but thankfully Ruger is known for great customer service. If you don't get it back in time, she can use my Ruger American, so long as you promise not to break it too!

Yeah, my secret plan is actually have her break yours so she can smoke a deer with one of them before you do!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I haven't had any experience with the rifle but I will jump in and go with what everyone else is saying. Ruger should have it back to you quickly. They really do seem to be very good about it.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well, finally got an update from Ruger. I talked to them last Tuesday and they told me that they received the rifle on the 10th but no one had touched it yet. They then assured me that it would be the next one up and have it shipped to me by the weekend. Today I received an email that they couldn't fix it and they will be replacing it. So, while I can't say it's been the speediest service, at least they are taking care of it.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Well, finally got an update from Ruger. I talked to them last Tuesday and they told me that they received the rifle on the 10th but no one had touched it yet. They then assured me that it would be the next one up and have it shipped to me by the weekend. Today I received an email that they couldn't fix it and they will be replacing it. So, while I can't say it's been the speediest service, at least they are taking care of it.

Glad it's being taken care of for you.
    I never heard Ruger taking so long.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Got the phone call yesterday from Cabela's that my daughter's replacement rifle had arrived. I went and picked it up today, and mounted her optic back on it. Now it's time to get it sighted in and she'll be set for opening day! I am really glad that Ruger took care of us, even if their speed was a bit molasses like. Everyone that I had contact with on their end was exceptionally pleasant. All in all, I have no gripe.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Got the phone call yesterday from Cabela's that my daughter's replacement rifle had arrived. I went and picked it up today, and mounted her optic back on it. Now it's time to get it sighted in and she'll be set for opening day! I am really glad that Ruger took care of us, even if their speed was a bit molasses like. Everyone that I had contact with on their end was exceptionally pleasant. All in all, I have no gripe.

Just a question: Did you have to fill out another 4473 to pick up the rifle?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

Thanks for reporting back. It's always nice to hear how things turn out.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Took the new rifle to the range and zeroed it today. The gun shoots fine, like the previous one. It also isn't ejecting spent casings like the previous one. It is better about feeding, though it still doesn't like to feed the first round from a full mag of Remington 120 grain loads. It will feed the first round from a full mag of Barnes 110 grain loads. The ejection issue is weird though. If you chamber a live round and then work the bolt, it will eject it quite forcibly whether you run the bolt fast or slow. If you pull the trigger however, it will dump the spent casing into the action, on top of the magazine unless you run the bolt like you're drag racing. Even then the spent case just kind of drools out of the ejection port. The previous rifle at least tossed the first 50 cases heartily before switching to dump and drool mode. I guess another phone call to Ruger is in order, but not until deer season is over.

Top Bottom