• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    So I was looking for a decent rifle for this year's deer season. Found a RAP in 6.5 creedmoor. It was the package with the Vortex Crossfire II 4x12 scope. Have it sighted in at 200 yards using hornady American whitetail. Easily moa at 100. Joined Youngs Long Shot Range and have rung the steel out to 700 yards. So much fun "bang, wait for it ping" when it hits. May look to upgrade the scope soon. Also drinking a bit of the long range koolade and drooling over a bergara HMR or a tikka ctr. Oh the madness.

All I've done is lower the trigger pull with the adjustable set screw, made sure the barrel was free floating by trimming the fore end a little and added a redneck cheek pad. The gun shoots better than I can. FYI after I get mine my buddy had to get one also, so just doing my part for the economy.....

Attachments

• IMG_0100.JPG
      IMG_0100.JPG
      432.5 KB · Views: 33

mulsas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Westfield
    I have the exact same rifle. Bought it off the forum here, previous owner did all the work for me: lightened the trigger, painted & stiffened the stock and added a brake. Bought it for hunting out west, taking my son out next fall for WY antelope. We have only stretched it out to 350 yards so far shooting the 143 gr ELD-X, and we were just working on where it was dialing in at vs. the ballistic app. So we weren't trying for groups, but we had a few within 1 inch! That's just silly accurate for a "budget" rig.

Zed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I love the 6.5 Creedmoor! It's inherent accuracy and lack of recoil never cease to amaze me. My rifle is bordering on 0.3 MOA accuracy at 700 yards...and I am sure it's still capable of better...I'm definitely the rate-limiting factor. I've shot next to a 50 BMG bolt gun in high crosswinds, and my 129 grain rounds were impacted significantly less by the wind than 660 grain BMG rounds. Shocking! Hope you continue to enjoy your rifle as much as I have.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom