• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Hey y'all,

Picking up a B Mag .17 WSM one of the guys from our church won and doesn't want. Just plan on using it around the property or possibly hunt later on. Never looked at scopes, so figured I get y'alls suggestions. What do you prefer? Looking for no more than $200.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    They are really light recoil guns. I'm putting an SWFA 10x on mine. I have a cheaper 3-9 on it and it does fine, but I never shoot it less than full magnification and find that I want more. I use mine 99 percent of the time at the range. Is it the bull barrel or pencil? I have found a few things that make it much more pleasurable to shoot, first is getting a bigger bolt the factory is really on the dinky side. I am also putting it into a boyds stock, threading the barrel, putting a metal trigger guard on it, and have a suppressor that is waiting on my tax stamp to come back. It's a great round and a lot of fun to shoot, I hope I'm not let down by suppressing it.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    They are really light recoil guns. I'm putting an SWFA 10x on mine. I have a cheaper 3-9 on it and it does fine, but I never shoot it less than full magnification and find that I want more. I use mine 99 percent of the time at the range. Is it the bull barrel or pencil? I have found a few things that make it much more pleasurable to shoot, first is getting a bigger bolt the factory is really on the dinky side. I am also putting it into a boyds stock, threading the barrel, putting a metal trigger guard on it, and have a suppressor that is waiting on my tax stamp to come back. It's a great round and a lot of fun to shoot, I hope I'm not let down by suppressing it.

You won't be disappointed when you suppress it . One of my favorite rifles to shoot suppressed . No change in accuracy , just a shift in P.O.I .

I think mine has a Nikon 4.5-14x40 on it . Very happy with the glass

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    You won't be disappointed when you suppress it . One of my favorite rifles to shoot suppressed . No change in accuracy , just a shift in P.O.I .

I think mine has a Nikon 4.5-14x40 on it . Very happy with the glass

4.5-14 seems close to ideal. 3-9 leaves me wanting, especially trying to see the tiny holes these things poke on splatter targets.

Top Bottom