• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Was at a shop reciently and was told (by the staff "armored") that I put the trigger in wrong and the hammer spring legs should be under the trigger pin.

Fyi, same guy a while back had never heard of a 7.62x39 AR.

How many of you guys buy that crap?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Sounds like you need to hang out in a smarter gun shop. Lol. I would have pulled up a video or diagram on my smart ph to show him. I have heard some pretty silly comments at a few gun shops. But not to that level.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Sounds like you need to hang out in a smarter gun shop. Lol. I would have pulled up a video or diagram on my smart ph to show him. I have heard some pretty silly comments at a few gun shops. But not to that level.

I told him that he was wrong, told to him to pull a new one off the rack and confirm. He wouldn't do it.
    Then I told him I was just looking for a little better trigger and didn't want to spend a boat load. The only thing they had was $200+, so I went up the road. Couldn't find just a trigger group that was reasonably priced anywhere so I just fixed the one I had. It was a cheapo Anderson and the interface where the hammer and trigger mate up, wasn't even finished. Had the black coating on it. same with the disconector. I just pulled them out, spent a little time cleaning them up and polishing them, 100% better now, really a pretty nice trigger.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I had a clerk at an auto parts chain store tell me one time that an alternator would not charge a battery.
    Not all clerks are Mensa candidates.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I had once tell me there is no such thing as a "national match" or even a match grade AR.....and think all these years of CMP matches and NRA matches,all I have shooting is a "rack grade" .....then this same "gun guy" looked at my like I really stupid , after he asked what was in my gun case and I showed him my (model) 1918 anschutz......

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Some of the people working retail are related to the people working in the media.... they know not of which they speak! When I purchased my Goldwing I asked the sales person if the whining sound was the alternator and if it was a common sound to the Wing (I knew the answer- yes and yes). Salesman told me it was the "turbo whine". He failed this test with flying colors. The big problem with his answer is the FACT that no Goldwing ever sold in the retail market had a turbo! Either he was just lying, was really stupid, or he thought I was stupid. I didn't call him on it, just offered my price and bought it. Not worth the discussion.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Was at a shop reciently and was told (by the staff "armored") that I put the trigger in wrong and the hammer spring legs should be under the trigger pin.

Fyi, same guy a while back had never heard of a 7.62x39 AR.

How many of you guys buy that crap?

Smile and nod. The gun culture attracts people who are either over eager to help or believe that their own ignorance should be imposed on others as an ego stroke.

Smile and nod. Women in gun shops have it far worse.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just recently, I was in a similar situation where a court had granted a motion to dismiss but allowed us to amend the complaint. We did, and re-arranged some claims to fit with Indiana law and the confines of the order. Opposing counsel then tried to strike our amended complaint.

I was like, "Geesh, this should be an INGO IQ test."

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Just recently, I was in a similar situation where a court had granted a motion to dismiss but allowed us to amend the complaint. We did, and re-arranged some claims to fit with Indiana law and the confines of the order. Opposing counsel then tried to strike our amended complaint.

I was like, "Geesh, this should be an INGO IQ test."

Woa T.Lex... Thats too much INGO IQ testing in a single thread... how can it be 'grant a motion to dismiss' but 'allow to amend the complaint'? It was dismissed, correct? It makes me dizzy?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Woa T.Lex... Thats too much INGO IQ testing in a single thread... how can it be 'grant a motion to dismiss' but 'allow to amend the complaint'? It was dismissed, correct? It makes me dizzy?

It's kinda like when you have to put the AR stock on while keeping the takedown pin detent spring under tension. It isn't easy, but it all makes sense after you've done it a couple times.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I had a clerk at an auto parts chain store tell me one time that an alternator would not charge a battery.
    Not all clerks are Mensa candidates.

It can have problems with a really dead battery but that's more along the lines of burning out the regulator, not "it can't"

When we were shopping for a car for the wife, salesman said the Prius we were test driving at didn't offer memory power seats because it took too much power (not power seats, the memory function for power seats) and that it had 3 modes: EV (electric only), eco (EV+ gas) and power (gas engine only). She didn't know the details and options on the car but even my wife could tell he was full of it and chose to turn around and head back about then.

Radtgaeb

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    This is why I buy online. I know there are good guns shops and knowledgeable employees out there, I just never seem to meet them. Normally when I go to a gun store I feel like I'm being flimflammed by a snake oil salesman.

Same. I would love to find a cool LGS to spend my spare time in, but it seems like it's either guys pandering to the Call of Duty crowd and trying their hardest to give the illusion that they "operate" OR it's old timers who refuse to accept that other people have different preferences and needs than they do...

Top Bottom