Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    I saw that....wondering what kind of accuracy it is capable of?

I was going to assemble a 6.5 grendel for a sub MOA bench/varmint AR but since the Valkyrie started to gain traction, I've been waiting. $1200 for an Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel Upper or a $450 for a PSA 224....something is different.

I don't have anywhere to stretch this thing out anyway, I'm just hoping I can get folks to call me "The Valkerie" when I take it to the range.
    Sapere Aude

I'm looking into this very closely.

Last night I put the 90gr Valykrie (at 2700fps) into Ballistic AE to compare to a MK262.

They are marketing this round ALL wrong. The 1300yd supersonic stat is next to useless. What you SHOULD focus on is this nugget:

At 1000yd with full value wind, mk262 has about 130" of wind.

The Valkyrie would have about 38" of wind.

For comparison, a 6.5CM 130gr Federal Gold Medal Berger has about 27" of wind.

The Valkyrie is within spitting distance of a really good 6.5CM in wind.

I can see this cartridge completely dominating the long line in eligible classes. Should obsolete things like the 6mm AR, which can't feed the only 6mm bullets (105+) with better BC than a 90gr .224.

I agree. I don't care what it looks like at 1,000 plus yards. I want to see how flat it shoots from 0-300 yards. That's what would sell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hohn View Post
    I'm looking into this very closely.

Last night I put the 90gr Valykrie (at 2700fps) into Ballistic AE to compare to a MK262.

They are marketing this round ALL wrong. The 1300yd supersonic stat is next to useless. What you SHOULD focus on is this nugget:

At 1000yd with full value wind, mk262 has about 130" of wind.

The Valkyrie would have about 38" of wind.

For comparison, a 6.5CM 130gr Federal Gold Medal Berger has about 27" of wind.

The Valkyrie is within spitting distance of a really good 6.5CM in wind.

I can see this cartridge completely dominating the long line in eligible classes. Should obsolete things like the 6mm AR, which can't feed the only 6mm bullets (105+) with better BC than a 90gr .224.

Federal is advertising this, but their numbers are not as kind as yours when it comes to the 90gr matchking - 92.76" of wind drift is the number federal advertises.

Quote Originally Posted by mcapo View Post
    I was going to assemble a 6.5 grendel for a sub MOA bench/varmint AR but since the Valkyrie started to gain traction, I've been waiting. $1200 for an Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel Upper or a $450 for a PSA 224....something is different.
    You could also buy a $350 Bear Creek Arsenal 6.5 Grendel upper and get sub-moa? PSA is nowhere near the same level as AA. Howeve, this would be comparable.

https://www.cmttac.com/224-valkyrie
    Trevor | NRA Life Member

Marksman
    Anything that gets more people interested in the platform is good. These heavy weight bullets are an interesting twist for sure. Hopefully this and the nosler generate some good ideas about bullet tech into the future.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5