• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    My Ruger American rimfire is a .22 WMR. It shoots pretty well and there's no reason to believe the lr version won't also. Being a rimfire, you may need to try a few different brands/types of ammo to see what it likes best. I'd recommend you visit rimfirecentral.com where you'll find info on improving the trigger. I shortened the trigger spring slightly since mine will be used off a rest primarily. Might not be appropriate for a field gun. Your call.

I did swap the factory tupperware stock for a Boyds laminate but I see the target model come with a nice stock. Looks good.

Crandall Crank

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2017
    Southern IN
    My Ruger American rimfire is a .22 WMR. It shoots pretty well and there's no reason to believe the lr version won't also. Being a rimfire, you may need to try a few different brands/types of ammo to see what it likes best. I'd recommend you visit rimfirecentral.com where you'll find info on improving the trigger. I shortened the trigger spring slightly since mine will be used off a rest primarily. Might not be appropriate for a field gun. Your call.

I did swap the factory tupperware stock for a Boyds laminate but I see the target model come with a nice stock. Looks good.

I would have to agree, the .22WMR is a very accurate for it purpose (raccoon, possum and skunk elimination). Since it is a bolt gun, it makes collecting the empty brass easy. Added an inexpensive (ie, non Leopold or Swarovski) scope and am quite happy with it. Won't sell it for what I've got invested in it. It has a purpose and it fills it quite nicely.

It really doesn't have a preference of ammo, however it prefers to digest regular speed vs the hyper speed.

Enjoy it.

Jagunn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 24, 2014
    Brownsburg
    I bought my two boys Ruger American 22s. I have to say I am really impressed with them. I really like the fact that they learn to make the shot count because it’s a bolt gun, versus my 10/22s where they place the first shot and become trigger happy.
    You won’t be disappointed with this gun.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I reviewed one of the Americans in 22mag for my YouTube channel and was very impressed with it. Fit an finish was very nice and accuracy was very nice as well. id say a target model 22lr would do the same and probably better..

Top Bottom