• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Any end to the drought? Where has It all gone? Has it all been sold? Are there no more big countries to drain of surplus? Could we have possible bought it all? We need more cheap bolt action rifles and pistols and lord we need cheaper ammo to keep feeding em!!! When will these ridiculous prices go away? What is going on?:crying:

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Any end to the drought? Where has It all gone? Has it all been sold? Are there no more big countries to drain of surplus? Could we have possible bought it all? We need more cheap bolt action rifles and pistols and lord we need cheaper ammo to keep feeding em!!! When will these ridiculous prices go away? What is going on?:crying:

I've been wondering the same thing. I looked At some Mosins over the weekend and they were $200+. I want my $65-90 rifles back.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The problem is that everything eventually dries up. I would love to have the surplus Bannerman was selling a century ago, even at prices fairly reasonable by the standards of today rather than the buck fifty of back then, but those guns no longer exist. We have reached a point where much of what is becoming available is illegal to import and/or prevented from being entered into the NFA registry by the Hughes Amendment which is exactly what the MFSBs responsible for that amendment wanted.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    The surplus rifles are in private collections and like IndyDave said the supply has simply dried up. Lots of us collect and few are willing to sell. I will sometimes try to purchase sporterized military rifles and restore them to original condition whenever possible.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

1. There will be no end to the drought.

2. Mostly blast furnaces.

3. What could be sold, was sold. Sam Cummings is long gone. There are no hustlers anymore. The gun industry, like everyone else, wants stuff handed to them.

4. What can be bought, was bought. There plenty of stuff out there in many different countries (just think of all those Albania SKSs that went into the furnaces), but it is being destroyed not sold.

5. By ridiculous prices you mean market prices? The market is here to stay like clocks or calendars.

jasonh31

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    North Manchester
    There aren't many countries left that the bolt action is even in surplus anymore. Select fire rifles have been in service for over a half century, the bolt actions were going to dry up at some point sadly.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I hear ya neighbor. I want a k31 something fierce, but I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll have to pay some decent coin to get one.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    The golden age of cheap military surplus is over, Most military rifles produced in the last 50+ years are of the assault weapon variety, which doesn't lend itself to the 03 market and goes against the anti 2nd crowds agenda

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I snagged a decent number of surplus guns but still have holes in my collection. Prices for what I'm wanting have gone way up. It was easy when bolt guns were sub $200.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm leaning towards getting as many surplus pistols as I can. I see CZ 50's for under 250, though I got my eye on one that is 165 just to break the ice on my C&R.

Top Bottom