• ...and so much more!
  • Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I have a Savage Axis in 270 and I have no complaints. I have taken several deer in Kentucky with it. Never had to shoot one twice. :D

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Picked up one in .308 some time back. For the price point I guess it was ok but the action was really sloppy. Shot it. Accurate enough I suppose but just way to clunky. Traded it off.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Picked up one in .308 some time back. For the price point I guess it was ok but the action was really sloppy. Shot it. Accurate enough I suppose but just way to clunky. Traded it off.

That's kind of what I was afraid of. They did go fast. Retailers are tossing things out to snatch xmas money early this year.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I bought an Axis last year and was very disappointed with the 7# trigger pull. After 300 shots with snap caps it was down to 6#. Called Savage and was told 6# was in spec but I would not void the warranty if I put an aftermarket $70 to$100 trigger in. I was ready to make the call and decided to experiment. Shame on me but I clipped 1/2 coil off the trigger spring at a time till it was 4#. Last 1/2 coil dropped 1# so I'm letting it settle down and maybe try 1/4 coil clip. Corn needs to come out so I can say Hello to some more coyotes

Top Bottom