• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    Looking for info and testimonies on PCC's... any Models / Brands to stay away from? Build one vs Buy one... Will the popularity go up and have more makers join the market??

I tried to search for past posts, but didnt see much.

Thanks Guys.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I had a thread on this a few months back. I ended up with a keltec g17 gen2 sub2k that I absolutely hated, but I got my money back minus taxes so it was cheaper than renting one. I now have an ar45 pistol that is a dreamboat. If I were staying in the 9mm market I would have gone with a scorpion evo, or a beretta px4 due to magazine availability. The keltec could serve as a great backpack gun, but it is not a fun gun. The ar45 is about the softest shooting pcc I've gotten to put my hands on, allenM put it together but the upper is made by macon armory. I highly suggest spending the money once and getting a scorpion evo or a higher end ar conversion.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    IMO, the best options are Sig MPX or Scorpion Evo. I tried out both before deciding, and went with the Evo because I could do everything I wanted to it, buy several mags, and still spend less than I would on the MPX. Either are solid options.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I agree with Chez.
    Somewhere on here, we have a MPX vs. Scorpion thread.
    And Military Arms Channel did a review of both.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I looked at the Kriss Vector in .40 and then read about the Freedom Ordnance FX-9. I am leaning towards the FX-9. I thought about the Evo but the FX is priced right.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I’ve built my own using both a Hanh Top Mount Adapter & Dedicated Lower, both have been stellar. Own CMMG 9mm, also no issues. Me personally, if I was buying off the shelf, Spikes Tactical has sweet 9mm.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have the Cz scorpion Rifle, sbr,ar9 in colt platform, ar9 in Glock platform and the Ruger PC9. I love the Scorpion due to ease of maintenance and upgrades. I by far shoot them and the Colt pattern AR9 more than the others. Had the Keltec and it was just plain uncomfortable to shoot.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The Sig MPX is by far, my favorite. I have, or have had, HK UMP, MP5 (clone), Colt 9mm, Kriss Vector, and CZ Scorpion. All are very solid guns, and a blast to shoot.

For AR guns, I prefer Colt pattern mags, over Glock pattern. Large Glock mags are cheaper, but are a pain to load.

zx7rcatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Madison area
    The Sig MPX is by far, my favorite. I have, or have had, HK UMP, MP5 (clone), Colt 9mm, Kriss Vector, and CZ Scorpion. All are very solid guns, and a blast to shoot.

For AR guns, I prefer Colt pattern mags, over Glock pattern. Large Glock mags are cheaper, but are a pain to load.

What did you think of the UMP? I have been thinking about getting one for a long time now.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If you really want a fun and effective PCC, pick up a Marlin 1894 in .357mag or .44mag. Makes for a great day at the range on on a hog hunt.

attachment.php

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    What did you think of the UMP? I have been thinking about getting one for a long time now.
    The UMP was my favorite until the MPX. It's very accurate and a joy to shoot. The biggest down side to it, is the cost. Everything about it is expensive. Since HK quit making the USC, the prices have gone steadily up. The conversion parts are pricey, and so are the mags.
    On the up side, it is very easy to change calibers. Remove a pin, replace the barrel, bolt, and mag. It will do .45acp, .40, and 9mm.

Top Bottom