• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abeguzmanmarine

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    TERRE HAUTE
    Newest addition, trying to determine if this will be a safe queen, or if i should enjoy it. it is in pristine condition, still have the original wooden crate. very minor blemishes for its age. have no idea the value, i ballparked it and got it for $475, so not really sure if i overpayed. but nontheless its a beauty.

RyvwBNu.jpg

y94Em6x.jpg

nAOUH9H.jpg

xTkLVDV.jpg

f52G5M1.jpg

GdbymPf.jpg

4aVJlUK.jpg

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    You did well, I paid about the same price for one a year ago in about the same condition. Just look on gunbroker in completed listings. Enjoy it and take care of it. Shoot all of them and enjoy them. Who are you saving them for?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    There are so many variables with model 62’s but I think you did great.

Very seldom do do you run into one in that condition and condition matters. Never have seen an original wooden box.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You stole that. I have seem them in that kind of shape going for 800-900 at gun shows.
    I think those are outstanding rifles.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Great old rifle. I've looked at a lot of them at gun shows that were not in that good condition with an asking price a lot more than $475. Never seen one with the wooden box. I'd be willing to bet the box is worth what you paid for the whole deal. I'd be shooting it.........a little.

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    They have really gone up in value as of late, I think you did very well. I have a Rossi copy and it is a great gun. Even those are selling around $400 +/-

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    This is just me...but I own no "Safe Queens". I shoot everything I own. I do have some VERY nice firearms that are in my safe, but I rotate them all to the range. I personally do not have the $$$ to have safe queens. Been there done that and ...anyway....GO SHOOT THAT WINCHESTER as was intended. Nice rifle by the way. ENJOY it.

abeguzmanmarine

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    TERRE HAUTE
    Update
    finally talked myself into taking it out, i see what the fuss is about. what an amazing shooter. so smooth, it really is a smooth rifle. the action is flawless. no issues whatsoever. and the accuracy what great. 75 yards was getting a good 4" group for me. my son was getting a 3" group. the iron sights are a bit small but overall this is a great rifle. research shows its a 1946 serial. its condition is pristine for its age, really only one flaw on the barrel. used winchester super X 22lr 40grain.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Have one hunting friend who owns three hunting guns. An 870 wingmaster pump, a 760 308 rem pump, and 572 rem 22.

He loves those pump rifles the winchester 22’s always seems smoother than the 572 rem and it is a smooth pump action.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Update
    finally talked myself into taking it out, i see what the fuss is about. what an amazing shooter. so smooth, it really is a smooth rifle. the action is flawless. no issues whatsoever. and the accuracy what great. 75 yards was getting a good 4" group for me. my son was getting a 3" group. the iron sights are a bit small but overall this is a great rifle. research shows its a 1946 serial. its condition is pristine for its age, really only one flaw on the barrel. used winchester super X 22lr 40grain.

Anything from 1946 that still works smoothly is worth having according to my wife. I'll be 72 this month, by the way. :)

Jagermeister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Shelby
    I have one just like yours that I paid $85.00 for about 40 years ago. I used one for all of my youth years and they shoot great. Yours looks like it might have a refinish on the wood but if you are going to shoot what difference does it make. Good buy by the way. I don't ever remember seeing one shipped in a wooden crate. Please post a picture if you will.

Top Bottom