• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    My issue is with the buttstock and the gap between the cheek riser and the back of the receiver. The stock is useable but can be better. It sounds like I missed the boat on the ACR stock and adapter and the time/investment to get one isn't worth it at this point.

So I found a left over sheet of kydex and started tinkering to make something more comfortable. I've worked out something I think I can live with but it needs fine tuning. I've added photos to show what I'm talking about.

There's still much more trimming and forming to do but my main concern is filling the space above the stock hinge to make the piece more rigid. I had the idea of covering everything in shrink wrap and filling the gap with something like yellow Great Stuff foam or similar. Thought of using styrofoam but it would take a lot of trimming and fitting. Like I said there's a lot more trimming and fitting to do and any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20171109_234923.jpg
      IMG_20171109_234923.jpg
      193 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:

Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    Did you check Mississippi auto arms for an adapter?

Attachments

• IMG_20171011_094254333.jpg
      IMG_20171011_094254333.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 16

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    Did you check Mississippi auto arms for an adapter?

I did. They have shown out of stock for a while and I signed up for the notification as well. From searching around the net it sounds like everyone has pretty well stopped making the adapter. The prices of what I have found plus the price of buying the ACR stock separate are $100 or so more than what the combination deals were. The cost I'm finding is more than I'm willing to part with right now.

Top Bottom