• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hey fellas, I am new to the AK for the most part, or at least I don't know a lot about them. I really need to source a Bulgarian triangle folder. Or an Arsenal one basically in 4.5mm. I have had no luck with finding any that aren't from Taiwan or somewhere and or come with the rear trunnion and are very expensive. I posted up a thread on AKfiles which I recently joined saying I'd even swap my polymer arsenal folder for one but we will see.

Any AK guys out there have any advice on where to find parts? I've ordered pretty much everything else I need except a plum hand guard which I can wait on but the stock is really holding me up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CarnageRush

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harrison County
    Cheapest I can find and probably the best bet right this minute. It's Russian but it shouldn't matter unless you must have a Bulgarian, no affiliation with the seller: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/709659632

You can try contacting RogersNative or Z_Recto on akfiles, either of them might have one but I think RogersNative recently sold his last one, Z_Recto was only selling them with a handguard purchase but he may sell you one alone.

RogersNative: The AK Files Forums
    Z_Recto: The AK Files Forums

There are some available on russiansurplus.net but are overpriced.

If you can wait I'm sure some will pop up on the akfiles marketplace eventually for a reasonable price. You have to watch it like a hawk over there because stuff sells pretty quick.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Cheapest I can find and probably the best bet right this minute. It's Russian but it shouldn't matter unless you must have a Bulgarian, no affiliation with the seller: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/709659632

You can try contacting RogersNative or Z_Recto on akfiles, either of them might have one but I think RogersNative recently sold his last one, Z_Recto was only selling them with a handguard purchase but he may sell you one alone.

RogersNative: The AK Files Forums
    Z_Recto: The AK Files Forums

There are some available on russiansurplus.net but are overpriced.

If you can wait I'm sure some will pop up on the akfiles marketplace eventually for a reasonable price. You have to watch it like a hawk over there because stuff sells pretty quick.

Thanks man, I was trying to get a bulgarian just because it's going on a Arsenal 104UR that's bulgarian. I may just buy a russian one though since I can't seem to find one easily. I appreciate the help though! I've been watching the market place. I'll probably make a decision one way or another by friday regardless I'd say.

CarnageRush

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harrison County
    Thanks man, I was trying to get a bulgarian just because it's going on a Arsenal 104UR that's bulgarian. I may just buy a russian one though since I can't seem to find one easily. I appreciate the help though! I've been watching the market place. I'll probably make a decision one way or another by friday regardless I'd say.

Happy to help. Just a note, the ones RogerNative and Z_Recto had were Russian as well. I understand wanting to use a Bulgarian part but they are pretty much identical. I used a refinished Russian on my 104UR, very pleased with it.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Russian triangle folders are all over gunbroker. Here is the cheapest one I found: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/715164289

The differences between russian and bulgarian 4.5mm folders is minimal, with the biggest being most russian stocks have a smooth butt while most bulgys are ribbed.

99% of the people out there won't know the difference.

If you absolutely have to have bulgarian then watch Kvar. They will eventually get more in.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all of the leads. I would be willing to wait but I'm trying to get it out to Rifle Dynamics before their wait times go back up again. I may just suck it up, buy a Russian and get it on it's way

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Can't help with the folder. I prefer wood, so I installed Ironwood Ind. walnut furniture set on my Norinco AK, they are a bit pricey however, think I paid around $300. Then I installed enough parts to make it 922r compliant, and installed a Russian POSP scope and scope mount. Ended up with what I wanted but did spend quite a bit.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    You guys were a huge help last time and I ended up buying the folder you recommended. I'm now in search of at least one Bulgarian plum mag like a circle 10. And even more importantly a lower hand guard for a 104UR that's plum. I've talked with KVAR and they act like they have no idea when they will see them again.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    The best source for any AK parts is go to the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot in the spring..
    If you can't find it there, It can't be had..
    I've seen every part you asked for laying there..
    GOOD LUCK!!

SEE Ya @ KCR, I'll be the guy in camo with an NRA hat.. HaHa!!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The best source for any AK parts is go to the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot in the spring..
    If you can't find it there, It can't be had..
    I've seen every part you asked for laying there..
    GOOD LUCK!!

SEE Ya @ KCR, I'll be the guy in camo with an NRA hat.. HaHa!!

Any idea when it is? Their website just has the Fall of 2017 dates as far as I saw. I tried scrolling through the event calendar too.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    AWS is in Greenwood, IN, and are quickly growing and constantly pumping out good AK stuff. They worked on my AK last year and did a great job, so I definitely would recommend them. They can help you out with anything I'm sure.

Advanced Weapon Systems

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    AWS is in Greenwood, IN, and are quickly growing and constantly pumping out good AK stuff. They worked on my AK last year and did a great job, so I definitely would recommend them. They can help you out with anything I'm sure.

Advanced Weapon Systems

I recently had them replace a gas block on an ak-102 clone, cut back the CR length barrel and weld &pin a bulgy 4 piece brake. They also completely refinished the rifle and cleaned up the fit and finish. All for a decent price. Excellent work overall.

Top Bottom