• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I purchased some left over stuff from an estate sale and included in that was a C.I.A imported Chinese JW-9. I have seen JW-15s before, but never a JW-9. A quick google search didn't come up with much. It's dated 1981 with a target symbol under it. I will upload a couple pics later on. Does anyone have any info on this one?

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I never heard of a JW-9 before, had to look it up and the few pics you find look interesting and you're right, can't find info on the things

I have a JW-15, picked it up cause I like the CZ/BRNO look and don't see too many of them around here, but that JW-9 looks cool

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I never heard of a JW-9 before, had to look it up and the few pics you find look interesting and you're right, can't find info on the things

I have a JW-15, picked it up cause I like the CZ/BRNO look and don't see too many of them around here, but that JW-9 looks cool

The niece and nephew came over last night so I got side tracked. I'll take some pics tonight and post them. It seems like a nice target rifle with heavy barrel. The condition that it's in and the import mark almost make me wonder if it's military surplus

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    JW-9. Should have the bullseye target with the arrow in it. Mostly see jw-8’s and 15’s.

I believe it is a NOrinco made .22 trainer based on the Brno number 4. The cz five round mags work on many of those trainers. For a mass production trainer the JM-x’s (8,9,15,25,) shoot very well. Not a refined firearm but do not be afraid to class it up a little with some minor work.

Several importers got into those trainers in the early/mid 1980’s and they never sold well back then. China made products had reputations but then again many would not buy the japan made brownings and Winchester rifles then either.

There were two ships from the norinco factory to the US in the mid/late 1980’s (poly technologies scandal)that were found to contain full auto AK’s marked as semi auto rifles. The person exporting them fled the US and was never seen again. Those ships contents were seized and if I remember correctly they also had trainer 22’s SKS 1911’s and the copy of the browning auto 22 in the shipment.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    JW-9. Should have the bullseye target with the arrow in it. Mostly see jw-8’s and 15’s.

I believe it is a NOrinco made .22 trainer based on the Brno number 4. The cz five round mags work on many of those trainers. For a mass production trainer the JM-x’s (8,9,15,25,) shoot very well. Not a refined firearm but do not be afraid to class it up a little with some minor work.

Several importers got into those trainers in the early/mid 1980’s and they never sold well back then. China made products had reputations but then again many would not buy the japan made brownings and Winchester rifles then either.

There were two ships from the norinco factory to the US in the mid/late 1980’s (poly technologies scandal)that were found to contain full auto AK’s marked as semi auto rifles. The person exporting them fled the US and was never seen again. Those ships contents were seized and if I remember correctly they also had trainer 22’s SKS 1911’s and the copy of the browning auto 22 in the shipment.

But in the 80's wouldn't those have been sold as new firearms?

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Has anyone tried to use those Magazines in the old Savage 22s.. Like wise would a Savage 22 magazine fit in these???

They look like they would fit

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Old Chinese Military trainer rifle. Bullseye with arrow top.
    I had one of these years ago. I left it at my EX father in law's in the late 90s.
    Might be the same one.

Top Bottom