• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I have a bit of a conundrum on my hands. A coworker recently found out he's going to need a complete shoulder replacement and has decided to sell a few rifles. I'm torn between two at the moment: The Tavor SAR with the Geissele Super Sabra trigger and Midwest Industries keymod rail for $1600, or a Colt 6940 upper paired with an LMT MARS-LS lower for $1400. The Tavor has seen about 500 rounds and the AR is unfired. Naturally, I really want both; I just don't want to spend that kind of money right now. So Ingo, which would be your choice and why?

Also, he's selling some optics. I've narrowed that list down to two as well: The EOTech XPS2 or the Trijicon MRO with LaRue mount. I already own an EOTech so I know what i'd be getting there, but i'm not familiar with the MRO. How do they compare?

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Tim from the military arms channel has done a video or two on the mro, he seems to like them. I would lean towards the Tavor, looks like they won't be importing them in a few months. One day it can become collectible

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Get the Tavor that thing has some serious upgrades on it and is a steal for that price!!! As for the optics I would get the MRO but that because I am a Trijicon fan and the whole EOTech lawsuit thing left a bad taste in my mouth.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Get the Tavor that thing has some serious upgrades on it and is a steal for that price!!! As for the optics I would get the MRO but that because I am a Trijicon fan and the whole EOTech lawsuit thing left a bad taste in my mouth.

FWIW, I took the input into consideration and had decided on the Tavor with the MRO. Went into work today and the guy told me he'd do both rifles and both optics for $3,500 and I can just pay him what I can when I can. I feel like a little kid on Christmas!

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus

FWIW, I took the input into consideration and had decided on the Tavor with the MRO. Went into work today and the guy told me he'd do both rifles and both optics for $3,500 and I can just pay him what I can when I can. I feel like a little kid on Christmas!

Good choice, that was going to my suggestion as well. Nice outcome!

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010

I assume you meant $2500? Otherwise, Christmas came early for your friend!

Either way, Congratulations on your new firearm!

Top Bottom