• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I thought I was done buying/building rifles, but I lied to myself. I just built an AR in 300 BLK and it’s nice, but I’m more of a bolt and lever kind of guy. So, I’m wondering is any of you have experience or knowledge about these rifles? The Mico 7 is more appealing, but this will only be used for suppressed hunting, so cost plays a role. The difference between the two is about $300, but I’d rather pay more for the better product, if necessary. Which do you think is the better rifle? I’m open to other recommendations, too.

7C13C69B-B626-4304-80FD-353737EACDA4_zpskmnqbufp.jpg

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    Que, I havent bought a new gun in several years but since they legalized the 45-70 for deer season here I could not help but buy the rifle I have been eyeballing for the last couple years. The marlin 1895 SBL guide gun. I absolutely love this rifle. I can't help but get it out of the safe and fondle it and cycle the action for about 10 min. everyday. Lol.

Also I bought a 1894 Winchester in 30-30 at the last 1500 as a project so I could build a 16" saddle ring carbine with a wide loop to suppress for a fun gun.

Lmao I say go with a lever gun.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que, I havent bought a new gun in several years but since they legalized the 45-70 for deer season here I could not help but buy the rifle I have been eyeballing for the last couple years. The marlin 1895 SBL guide gun. I absolutely love this rifle. I can't help but get it out of the safe and fondle it and cycle the action for about 10 min. everyday. Lol.

Also I bought a 1894 Winchester in 30-30 at the last 1500 as a project so I could build a 16" saddle ring carbine with a wide loop to suppress for a fun gun.

Lmao I say go with a lever gun.

Thanks, man, but I already own a Henry 45-70 and Winchester 30-30. This would be used for hunting on my property and I would rather have something suppressed.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    If I was buiding a supressed rifle, It would have a can that was a continuation of the barrel. The barrel would be short enough to keep some off the shelf ammo sub-sonic. I'd want the stock to be shaped like a McMillan A2. Only 2 cents I have to throw in.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I have the ruger and I'm pretty impressed for the price of the rifle, I've shot mostly 200 gr plus bullets but I'm working on a 150 gr load but haven't done much with it yet.

I would buy the ruger again without a doubt

I'm a remington fan and I "think" the rem is possibly the best rifle but for the price I can't ask any more out of the ruger

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am seriously considering a lightweight rifle and I like what I am reading about the Ruger. The 7.62 ranch rifle that accepts mini 30 mags is intriguing. Be interested to see what you end up with.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've handled the 7.62 ranch but not the 300blk. Not bad at all. CZ may be another good one to check out as stated.

I'll throw something in the ring as well, it doesn't exactly fit though. A TC encore in 300blk. I've played with a stainless one, and while they are a single shot and not a bolt gun, they really shine because they are so much shorter. Even with a can on the end it's really nice how short the over all package is with a 16" barrel as compared to a bolt gun. Personally if I weren't going AR I'd maybe go that route just for how nice and small it is. Shorter and lighter.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    If I were to get a 300blk bolt gun it probably would be a CZ

If I were buying a bolt gun right now, it would almost certainly be a CZ. I want a 527 in 17 hornet so bad right now. A good friend has the 527 Carbine in 7.62x39. He absolutely loves it. It is short, very handy and well-balanced. Points great. He shoots commie crap in it and says it is plenty accurate even with that.

In bigger cartridges they offer the 550. The set triggers on those rifles are mighty fine, and the Mauser-esque actions are really nice.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If I were buying a bolt gun right now, it would almost certainly be a CZ. I want a 527 in 17 hornet so bad right now. A good friend has the 527 in 7.62x39. He absolutely loves it. It is short, very handy and well-balanced. Points great. He shoots commie crap in it and says it is plenty accurate even with that.

In bigger cartridges they offer the 550. The set triggers on those rifles are mighty fine, and the Mauser-esque actions are really nice.

Now why did you have to go and tell me that even exists. Seriously! INGO is not helping me with my addictions.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Now why did you have to go and tell me that even exists. Seriously! INGO is not helping me with my addictions.

Having graduated the tactical phase, I'm back to blue steel and walnut. And I think CZ has some of the most handsome rifles out there. And the set triggers are seriously nice.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Negative rep. Now I’m distracted at work looking at CZ and Ruger. I have been on a rifle kick lately and like yourself the ARs are fun but they just don’t trip my trigger. Don’t misunderstand I own one but just can’t seem to buy another. I did recently pickup a .308 but it will be a heavy rifle when I am done. The whole “scout”rifle concept or “SPR” idea has always peaked my interest. I do have a nice older Bausch & Lomb 1.5x4.5 scope on a .22 that I have been thinking about replacing. That should work well on a short, light .223, .300blk, 7.62x39. Maybe some crekote to make it Tacticool. Sort of a general purpose do all rifle.

I like the looks of the CZs. No doubt they will perform will cheap steal case ammo. But the Ruger will take mini 30 mags and I can get an aftermarket extended bolt handle. Decisions decisions, where to find the money.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Negative rep. Now I’m distracted at work looking at CZ and Ruger. I have been on a rifle kick lately and like yourself the ARs are fun but they just don’t trip my trigger. Don’t misunderstand I own one but just can’t seem to buy another. I did recently pickup a .308 but it will be a heavy rifle when I am done. The whole “scout”rifle concept or “SPR” idea has always peaked my interest. I do have a nice older Bausch & Lomb 1.5x4.5 scope on a .22 that I have been thinking about replacing. That should work well on a short, light .223, .300blk, 7.62x39. Maybe some crekote to make it Tacticool. Sort of a general purpose do all rifle.

I like the looks of the CZs. No doubt they will perform will cheap steal case ammo. But the Ruger will take mini 30 mags and I can get an aftermarket extended bolt handle. Decisions decisions, where to find the money.

That ruger is really nice. I like the idea of one with a 1-4 long eye relief scope mounted scout style.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    That ruger is really nice. I like the idea of one with a 1-4 long eye relief scope mounted scout style.

The Scope I have is not long relief, but truth be told most of the quality scopes with 1-2x settings are pretty forgiving. 4-6 power on the upper end is enough magnification to shoot out to 200 yards, and that is about as far as I would want to go with a gun like this for hunting/plinking.

Now on that we have derailed the thread....back to Que.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If I were buying a bolt gun right now, it would almost certainly be a CZ. I want a 527 in 17 hornet so bad right now. A good friend has the 527 Carbine in 7.62x39. He absolutely loves it. It is short, very handy and well-balanced. Points great. He shoots commie crap in it and says it is plenty accurate even with that.

Unfortunately they don't do the 550 action in a lot of calibers anymore, going to the 557 which is lighter and uses a Sako style extractor and not a Mauser, and no set trigger. Still a good rifle

The 527s are staying their same old mini Mauser selves

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Unfortunately they don't do the 550 action in a lot of calibers anymore, going to the 557 which is lighter and uses a Sako style extractor and not a Mauser, and no set trigger. Still a good rifle

The 527s are staying their same old mini Mauser selves

I saw the 557, but didn't realize the bit about the different extractors. Good info!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You could suppress the 45-70 or the 30-30. Just saying.

Move had three guys look at the 45-70 and either the magazine tube doesn’t leave enough room or they don’t feel comfortable trying it. The 30-30 was my father’s and I’m not going to have that barrel done. Isn’t rather get a new rifle.

Top Bottom