• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Laughed off the range or genius hillbilly engineering? What say you INGO?

Sgne5Zk.jpg

SzvXL
    SzvXL
    0T2j5A2
    SzvXL

A4AeYj7.jpg

0T2j5A2
    0T2j5A2

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I like it.

In fact, I have a couple small clips like that. Now going to throw them in the bag for a hunting trip coming up.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    If it works, it works... A couple years ago, I found a dope sheet taped to my sons 22. He was sighting in SK Lapua Standards 22LR at 100 and 150. I saved it when it fell off.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Neat.

But you have target turrets, so why would you hold off?

Uncle Gary suggested it. So far, it's working better for me (or i'm just improving?)
    I intend to get back to turning turrets eventually for the experience. I will put together an appropriate card for it if this system works for me.

Laying behind a rifle seems pretty easy, until it's not. I'm learning a lot.

Thanks to you and the other top tier shooters I've gotten to cross paths with this last year!

Last edited:

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Gary's wrong. Can't be trusted. :):

But in seriousness, most humans shoot more precisely when they aim through the middle of the aperture or field of view, and with crosshairs, the further you get from the horizontal, the more likely you are to get sloppy and cant the rifle...resulting in those nasty bulges at the corners.

Holding off is way fast, but 1) there's plenty-plenty of time, and (2) Gary has been doing this a helluva long time, and he can shoot just about any damn thing, but sometimes excellent shooters make things work that others are best to leave alone

I've been on both sides of that one.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    I have come up with a solution that works well for me. After having phone die out couple times at range with my ballistic app, i had to do something.

I use laminating luggage tags, "rite in the rain" paper, and paracord.
    Laminator can be found on amazon "amazon basics" inexpensive.
    Any paper can be used but i use "rite in the rain" laser tan paper for if lamination breaks, paper will still hold up. This paper can also be written on by hand.
    Print out ballistic data you desire to fit in tag. Also able to swap in & out tags or use multiple tags easily.
    Tags are Fellows laminating luggage tags. You can use steel wool to eliminate gloss to desired level. I run through laminator twice.
    Paracord loosely around scope.

These tags have held up well in & out of soft & hard cases.

20170128_132902.jpg

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I cut out a piece of paper to fit in my flip up scope cap. It's semi protected when the cap is closed, when the cap is open its right there in front of you.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I have my load and trajectory info for my open sight muzzle loader taped to the stock with clear packing tape. Has worked great for 20 years. I just have to get the distance right to know where the round is going. I say if it works for you, it's good.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I have come up with a solution that works well for me. After having phone die out couple times at range with my ballistic app, i had to do something.

I use laminating luggage tags, "rite in the rain" paper, and paracord.
    Laminator can be found on amazon "amazon basics" inexpensive.
    Any paper can be used but i use "rite in the rain" laser tan paper for if lamination breaks, paper will still hold up. This paper can also be written on by hand.
    Print out ballistic data you desire to fit in tag. Also able to swap in & out tags or use multiple tags easily.
    Tags are Fellows laminating luggage tags. You can use steel wool to eliminate gloss to desired level. I run through laminator twice.
    Paracord loosely around scope.

These tags have held up well in & out of soft & hard cases.

View attachment 61320

Thanks for the how-to. Just ordered some rite in rain items! They even have some on clearance. :yesway:

:ingo:

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Thanks for the how-to. Just ordered some rite in rain items! They even have some on clearance. :yesway:

:ingo:

The rite in the rain paper is very nice. I have used it for printed targets (shooting in rainy weather), and have seen them still up weeks later still looking new. Beware that they have separate paper for laser or inkjet printers.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    22? Or some other type of rimfire? Pretty cool though! I like it

If you are talking about the OP, that's on a Savage MKII. I built that system up with the idea that it could be duplicated across platforms though.

The base is an inexpensive, rail mounted, bubble level that serves it's propose with or without a dope sheet hanging from it. I mounted one in the same position on my Rem 700 .243. I have another laying around waiting on any other rifle that might decide to stretch it's legs.

The little red clamp is what gave me the idea. I have them all over the place here, holding all kinds of stuff together. They are $.59 in Kroger's home/hardware isle.

No idea how the system will hold up on a gun with recoil? :dunno:

Top Bottom